trekker panniers

Yep, work just fine. Plus gives me the option of choosing whichever size I want for a top box when not using both. Great for big road miles like any other hard pannier.
Just using the mounting frame means soft panniers are also an option.
Might look shite but then I wear the clothes I do so you know I have no clue!

thanks for that,
where did you get the pannier frames to fit the bike ?

Perhaps Givi Trekker Dolomitis would suit slightly better?

Have a google-image for them.

I have them on my S1000XR for hols. Think all the kit came from sportsbikeshop.

I have the SW Motech frames that take any Givi or Kappa monokey box on my RS. I believe the same kit fits the R.

Over the years I have acquired a number of Kappa/Givi monokey boxes so like the flexibility, despite the utilitarian look. I also have a Monokey topbox plate.

I can choose from Givi E45 or E33 for topbox and Givi E21 or Kappa K40 for side cases.

The frames are Evo Quick release so only go on for a long trip. I use the topbox from day to day.

You can get Kappa cases from Italy at a pretty good price.

I think Givi only make frames to fit their V47 boxes which are not standard Monokey.

here's one with the E21 boxes on the SW Motech rails

don't seem to have one with frames alone

I'll try to remember to take one tomorrow - off on holiday Friday so fitted the frames on the weekend, ready to fit the E21 for the trip

Attachments

• 2016-11-13 10.14.12.jpg
    2016-11-13 10.14.12.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 285
who where the rails off,i have had to get intouch with rs/somthing in germany regarding frames ?

who where the rails off,i have had to get intouch with rs/somthing in germany regarding frames ?

SW-M are robbing fucks. They won't ship from Germany and the UK importer sticks a hefty mark-up on. I ordered mine from https://motokaup.ee/en/ and they arrived in good time from Estonia! EU so no import duty, paid in Euros. Of course, the exchange rate was a lot better in 2016. You need the base rails and then the Givi fitting kit. 250 euros inc delivery.

Attachments

• 2018-06-21 18.20.34.jpg
    2018-06-21 18.20.34.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 293
  • 2018-06-21 18.20.43.jpg
    2018-06-21 18.20.43.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 243
  • 2018-06-21 18.21.01.jpg
    2018-06-21 18.21.01.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 271
You can see I have managed to chip off some paint on one corner. Probably when they are kicking around the garage off the bike when rummaging for something.

wessi,
just orderd some today,for my trax,

see what there like when they arrive,again they are expsensive arnt they ?

Tailscookie,
I’ve got a pair of Givi E21 boxes (as above) if you are interested. They are in very good condition & have only been used for 2 summer tours. £80 pair + delivery?

wessi,
just orderd some today,for my trax,

see what there like when they arrive,again they are expsensive arnt they ?

yes - if only Givi made the kit as it would be about £150 but they went the V47 way.

Made economic sense for me as I already have the cases to fit.

simmo,thanks but no mate,
just had to order a rack system from over the water.

update,
got the frames, fitted my trax 37ltr boxs,
went for a ride today all good.
thanks for your help guys.
ps they don,t look shite.

Back
Top Bottom