800 gs anything to watch out for ?

I have a 650 which is essentially the same as the 800, and a 1200. I use the 650 as a commuter and the 1200 for long distance riding. The 650 is actually a better bike for everyday use TBH and is very cheap to run.

cheers everyone :) browsing via a phone so its been a bit of a pain :) been riding one of my rd250lc's for the past month or so as a daily an it's really given me a fresh perspective on stuff.

cheers everyone :) browsing via a phone so its been a bit of a pain :) been riding one of my rd250lc's for the past month or so as a daily an it's really given me a fresh perspective on stuff.

Yep, light is good. Big is showy-offy, but I think shows a little lack of imagination! That coming from someone who fell in love with the silver 1150 Adventure when they brought out the gatefold brochure for it.....instant lust from the moment I set eyes on it. It was a few years of saving before I could get a used one even. Wonderful bike, but I recognise its limitations, especially in my hands.

It won't mean a thing to your choice, but I tried the 800 for size in the showroom....it is still a BIG bike. Too big for me to live with.

A Mk2 Hexhead 1200 will be in your price point. Mileage might be high but with correct servicing and maintenance it’s pretty irrelevant just check the usual stuff and it’s good to go.

yeah i totally agree with both of you a silver 1150 gsa is still way up on my list haha what can I say I was 14 watching long way round at a super low point in my life due to being bullied an that gave me something to keep going for :) I guess im on the list of people inspired by long way round although I was already into bikes by then with my dads bro racing Norton's :)

that's sort of the tricky thing at the moment hexhead an a 1150 gsa in the mix to again.

I was looking at those royal enfields but its hard to justify when there's some great beemers about with more hp for the same money :) 24 hp on the Himalayan just seems a lil to low to me on a 4 stroke anyway if we were talking my rd250lc now thats a different kettle of fish

Just wanna thank everyone for all the advice decided to have a propper look for an 800 now :) seems to tick all the boxes got a sit on one the other day after sitting on an 1150 adv and really liked the light feel which surprised me to be honest gone off the idea of the Royal Enfield now an getting excited to get back on a Beemer :)

Back
Top Bottom