Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 800 gs anything to watch out for ?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    sweet cheers lads something worth factoring in for sure as i'll probably be looking at an older bike

Loved mine. Biggest issue was the stock seat, the bmw comfort seat made a huge difference. Otherwise what everyone says on here.

Thanks everyone really do appreciate the info

Seems to tick all the boxes shall have a nosey at one

has anyone gone from the 1200 to the 800 if so what 1200 did you have an how you finding the switch ?

Quote Originally Posted by steele01 View Post
    Thanks everyone really do appreciate the info

Seems to tick all the boxes shall have a nosey at one

has anyone gone from the 1200 to the 800 if so what 1200 did you have an how you finding the switch ?
    Steel01 you gunna have to read some threads on here mate, lots of people have downsized, use the search facility

Steve

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by steve hughes View Post
    .... lots of people have downsized, use the search facility

Steve
    Yup .... biggest aint always best

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

I have a 650 which is essentially the same as the 800, and a 1200. I use the 650 as a commuter and the 1200 for long distance riding. The 650 is actually a better bike for everyday use TBH and is very cheap to run.

cheers everyone browsing via a phone so its been a bit of a pain been riding one of my rd250lc's for the past month or so as a daily an it's really given me a fresh perspective on stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by steele01 View Post
    cheers everyone browsing via a phone so its been a bit of a pain been riding one of my rd250lc's for the past month or so as a daily an it's really given me a fresh perspective on stuff.
    Yep, light is good. Big is showy-offy, but I think shows a little lack of imagination! That coming from someone who fell in love with the silver 1150 Adventure when they brought out the gatefold brochure for it.....instant lust from the moment I set eyes on it. It was a few years of saving before I could get a used one even. Wonderful bike, but I recognise its limitations, especially in my hands.

It won't mean a thing to your choice, but I tried the 800 for size in the showroom....it is still a BIG bike. Too big for me to live with.

A Mk2 Hexhead 1200 will be in your price point. Mileage might be high but with correct servicing and maintenance it’s pretty irrelevant just check the usual stuff and it’s good to go.
    08 R1200GSA
    76 Suzuki GT750

yeah i totally agree with both of you a silver 1150 gsa is still way up on my list haha what can I say I was 14 watching long way round at a super low point in my life due to being bullied an that gave me something to keep going for I guess im on the list of people inspired by long way round although I was already into bikes by then with my dads bro racing Norton's

that's sort of the tricky thing at the moment hexhead an a 1150 gsa in the mix to again.

I was looking at those royal enfields but its hard to justify when there's some great beemers about with more hp for the same money 24 hp on the Himalayan just seems a lil to low to me on a 4 stroke anyway if we were talking my rd250lc now thats a different kettle of fish

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Just wanna thank everyone for all the advice decided to have a propper look for an 800 now seems to tick all the boxes got a sit on one the other day after sitting on an 1150 adv and really liked the light feel which surprised me to be honest gone off the idea of the Royal Enfield now an getting excited to get back on a Beemer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12