Bmw SOFT luggage for GSA racks

snaponphil

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Saw this at Pidcocks yesterday, removable hard backed luggage with loads of nice features.
Salesman did a great job of showing me how it all worked, excellent system & fully waterproof (looked like it was)
Shallower than panniers but the straps do expand.

Sorry about only 1 picture but someone must be passing to take a few more..

Attachments

• 943C9E7C-379B-4EFA-94B2-E6A78CF6BB5A.jpg
    943C9E7C-379B-4EFA-94B2-E6A78CF6BB5A.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 5,266
Saw this at Pidcocks yesterday, removable hard backed luggage with loads of nice features.
Salesman did a great job of showing me how it all worked, excellent system & fully waterproof (looked like it was)
Shallower than panniers but the straps do expand.

Made by MoskoMoto - a very cool start-up on the West coast of the states. I really like their stuff, they have a good website here : www.moskomoto.com. and a big presence over on ADVRider. They are just about to start making biking clothing as well, which should prove interesting.

Made by MoskoMoto - a very cool start-up on the West coast of the states. I really like their stuff, they have a good website here : www.moskomoto.com. and a big presence over on ADVRider. They are just about to start making biking clothing as well, which should prove interesting.

Great info, I’ll be checking that out..

Some more pics

cSm4bz8otsTUIWAXacMO2pOTDBGlMz03VY8xETDP5o80xGGb7Dx4KBPA2OJ2Jr4wuqzG_tpbH4XMtTEMZwTwN9d83O0lOAgk99ZKPxaJhdlNIymlsh03LiZh8zkkypZ62LtdINAQTlaSDHQfd0mzqF7viC6FWa5C4pePhMRiajd81l1S6Ro9Cn9N7xXc6IkOrcgOl_TQurJwOiZ-NlroFcG4Q4Zf4WvAHb9AkB1-KB9PjLEQWYYB-fI5RWbX1QCk58Wl2_DdgHv8bh9VdvD8_aXtefcbPEQh6sg9kP-t9OAXkoUdjY2GY6npBcYVSZ7P9f6HY6BxhJYFBjGGtcKNuAf5itq9AjyfOlaPNQk7Niu1SqoB3YpelXF18rplXB-vyKejop5XOojnYLfUhO-Xcdk8kXVXDlsHb1aSMrzsq-uI7UlSoHtxw_scS7k2_169o0oql_XRdmFN7WRhyCnNaLfBVbuJ3v7OBktPuF_qGFP4Qk3mujfz5hpzFtBawEqaDJ9J545OYwvyuxagz5wYpYHpwhxiD-3RSyOFC80JjbY0TVDtKAHMFz6ZPsueqMNTspfIDTspqCjIlOwggfhZIuRt0hQ3SrLZdbgZTFCo=w2080-h1562-no

IAPk4CStMS4uKNN46VJAmVeqx5JP2zyMvTSMQuC59MG3_FbUbi0WXGFhyIIU-0B6z6R7kt_JNzpEOZTYId98ISvof_EqPhOtJqSm-5xe6cc5NbpLgXG8KAF4b2CqX54Wxsl3ZkXDTevz4PRO52VFlxjWuQqF-HgNYMnwAYwJ57I7B6Cdc-oLEK811VEl4xbq66qQKm6biYt9YkScGVT56Kq3d60bv6VtmdzuzrzXPhO3m77-pFRfGpdwNmJIHr_1H7sWxFc-aFTgWVJJ1HBlszWc6QYqfBgCffsfqDK_7hL2ZXSuwmuZ_nPYa9y5p_Q0w0bTJr8_mY33TD3bl91SPFC_mgDmTwHmhhFwEqE0ipkiuc_B-oEq5oZM0VL2nJdWEET3S4dxOxwnvibsXuhfEqarKGkr8ko5q7OCWA9inw8s7QSrcQaNB-2GAuRToszXulNZCbXVuwu59cAh2HjwODFpTPA0VBwumX_cRQg1KHG7qRUd2MY-efMMaOi_tj2GPQrv-XbK20XoM9J9rEC8f9sSWUvOueM7POYCmSyQbSoT-s0RtUtf2cH67qJRiQleoVGrqBegU1xTyPZnr77DC8kVjceoN8C_qHApVoiE=w2080-h1562-no

FdahKkAvxztNSBC5uM9q9i_YpijLn3McLuJCXW5b96Cr7hrt_IzhtCcnlyE1CxL8eLqeoIZK3x3bUZqtbnX8coJ8lSh0KQAE3lCgvkeK_TqdyHLCQkreSgt8L1c1E0pkDQvN8E8l0Wk11dqx1VZiiNaDT4_ZH7pv-BZgj8XXv1AhLjjY-TWpUw_z0iM2SYFRFhRiNGH8nBIE32ITXOj57oLNWCXObW7RcnT7u0e-RmGYELUzv_G4RUiugLPjX1apWaUyzZRXsIFvb2oAuu6Xe-9OWyuoiE04v_JyWQdMpwQPPGNaqU0bsLcXqpBjSfi1A0OZQ1amgLt1C7nHQvX5E7OeustX-hJYMzsArvGv_appcomQkSDGkzyWEweoBqLuwpZhSmmPwfm0L5O585Jd1miXLNn6FOOEvHWfzd3Typw6a87tUo_gV2ZMdIAplwsaerp8-8PTI1OlXLQXvlcbRC9ijL95y-SGHFmKdiuGZXrBtr00nXonJWG9ktIs-Q1Oph41gZ-BwlLeyPXOyGRluvmZ9De15oGNwvH08ntzOth6tsxsGfle10Ox-lSK75Axn7bJ_KDnDLZQrYRTfZf7SGeW5qkY9UPH_GJ9aMVF=w2080-h1562-no

BMW are branding this luggage system as Atacama and have produced their own video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL9UDh1hRJU. This looks like very well designed and manufactured stuff and I particular like the fact that Mosko have even thought about how each bag can be strap locked to the bike which is always a worry with soft luggage. A few things I would like to know though. What is the weight limit of each side pannier and is there a speed limit? And how does the overall width compare to the standard GSA panniers?

Ive got the roll bag for the rear. Beautifully made and really well thought through. I'd be tempted by the panniers but worried about the security aspect parked up on tour.

A few things I would like to know though. What is the weight limit of each side pannier and is there a speed limit?

are you missing the point of adventure luggage and an adventure bike, if you really NEED to know like that, or even seriously consider asking then, is adventuring really for you?

is there a speed limit I fecking ask you!!! spent half my life too and from the continent, with army throw overs as panniers do you know never even considered if there was a speed rating. Its as fast as you can fecking go, if they wobble about then strap them down more and stay at same speed or slow down its easy, maximum load= what ever the feck you can fit it.

I am interested do people actually ask questions like that or is this a piss take? I can not comprehend asking/thinking about it or giving a flying feck about the anwser.

are you missing the point of adventure luggage and an adventure bike, if you really NEED to know like that, or even seriously consider asking then, is adventuring really for you?

is there a speed limit I fecking ask you!!! spent half my life too and from the continent, with army throw overs as panniers do you know never even considered if there was a speed rating. Its as fast as you can fecking go, if they wobble about then strap them down more and stay at same speed or slow down its easy, maximum load= what ever the feck you can fit it.

I am interested do people actually ask questions like that or is this a piss take? I can not comprehend asking/thinking about it or giving a flying feck about the anwser.

Got to reply to this..
I personally make my own speed limits, if it doesn’t feel right Re arrange the load, the bags are (I would think) more aerodynamic than the alloy panniers.
Nothing is aerodynamic on these bikes, they are effectively a brick in motion.. lol.. haha ��

BMW are branding this luggage system as Atacama and have produced their own video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL9UDh1hRJU. This looks like very well designed and manufactured stuff and I particular like the fact that Mosko have even thought about how each bag can be strap locked to the bike which is always a worry with soft luggage. A few things I would like to know though. What is the weight limit of each side pannier and is there a speed limit? And how does the overall width compare to the standard GSA panniers?

To answer my own question, I contacted Mosko by email and they told me this

Weight limit 25lbs (11.3kg)
Speed limit 80mph
Width when packed approx 8inches

The 80mph limit seems a bit of a dealbreaker for the UK and European markets but I guess that would depend on whether 80mph (130kph) is some arbitrary speed at which the panniers have been certified for sale in the EU or whether the panniers are really going to break away from the bike at 81mph!

Anyone know what the speed limit is for the standard BMW panniers fitted to the GSA?

Amazing that you've reached such an advanced age being a twat all your life. Yes some people do ask what use limits the manufacturer places on its product before buying it. Its called common fecking sense. And if you dont like my post bugger off to another thread. A forum is like a TV set; if you dont like one channel switch to another

To answer my own question, I contacted Mosko by email and they told me this

Weight limit 25lbs (11.3kg)
Speed limit 80mph
Width when packed approx 8inches

The 80mph limit seems a bit of a dealbreaker for the UK and European markets but I guess that would depend on whether 80mph (130kph) is some arbitrary speed at which the panniers have been certified for sale in the EU or whether the panniers are really going to break away from the bike at 81mph!

Anyone know what the speed limit is for the standard BMW panniers fitted to the GSA?

I think the standard boxes are speed rated at 160kph.

Amazing that you've reached such an advanced age being a twat all your life. Yes some people do ask what use limits the manufacturer places on its product before buying it. Its called common fecking sense. And if you dont like my post bugger off to another thread. A forum is like a TV set; if you dont like one channel switch to another

get a fecking life, the point of a web forum is to comment on a thread, just because you dont like it dont get your knickers in a twist.

YES YES YES it is common sense thats why nobody in their right mind would even think of asking the question, I bet you have a yellow high viz its the sort of question somebody who thinks hi viz is a good idea would ask!!

Having wanted a set of Mosko luggage for a while I have look with interest at the bmw branded stuff, as getting them in direct from US was going to be very expensive, do you know what, there is absoultly nothing they have ever produced showing what reasearch was done on what model of bike to determine safe weights and speed etc, I would put money on the fact that they have not done any but picked a number that they know is safe and way on the the conservative side, there is NO WAY that a small company like that has tested a set on every model of bike that they may be fitted to in every combination of sizes etc etc. So as you say use your common sense and dont be a penis and ask damn fool questions, or if you do dont be surprised if people comment on it!!

Alert, Flounce-Condition Level 2 activated.

So as you say use your common sense and dont be a penis and ask damn fool questions, or if you do dont be surprised if people comment on it!!

Wow there's was me thinking I was getting a dressing down from Mr Big Adventure Biker but then I checked his profile

Best ride ever taken::
London to Munich and back

FFS. If thats your idea of adventure biking, its probably better that you stick to being a washed up old squaddie with a chipolata for a dick and having wet dreams of Nigel Farage taking you up the backside whilst chanting Brexit means Brexit

Back
Top Bottom