An interesting R9T summary and perspective

I would go with Ohlins fork & shock on the R 9 T.When riding on the road stick with the stock spring rates 9.0 front / 160 rear otherwise it gets a little bit too hard on todays bad roads.
On Pure,GS,Racer,Scrambler Ohlins offers only a cartridge for the front but the rear shock can be extended by 10mm which is good to quicken up the steering a bit on the 2017 on models which have between 3 and 7 mm more trail than the 2014-16 origionals.As for the original R NineT with heavy stock tube wheels going lighter with tubeless cast or forged wheels works wonders for the handling and turns the R Nine T into a really quick steering bike !
Too bad the original R Nine T does not come stock with cast wheels and the heavy tubed spoked wheels (not the ones on the GS & Scrambler which are tubeless) come as a costly option for idiots who want to look cool...:D

In all fairness, I changed the shock for more comfort, not to make it into a razor sharp handling bike. I’m fairly happy being the idiot with the heavy spoked wheels, although the way I look, the one thing i ain’t, is cool!

Who cares about heavy spoked wheels, I like the look, don't ride too fast, it's the suspension thats crap.

Took the turban out yesterday with Wifey on the back

Oh dear :blast. It’s a one up bike that’s for sure, and it’s only any good when you’re hammering it

I’m off out in a minute on my own and I’ve got the choice between the turban which is on loan and my T120

I’m taking the Triumph :nenau

The idiots are the guys at BMW who still equip the original R 9 T with tubed spoke wheels instead of tubeless cross spoke wheels or tubeless cast wheels with a slight price reduction.
Real idiots are the ones who pay extra to have the heavy spoke tubed wheels on the R ( T Pure or Racer for whatever unknown reason...;)
They make the bike not only way slower steering but also a total pain to deal with when you have a flat tire on the road.In combination with the missing center stand,not fun at all...:D

Back
Top Bottom