noisy engine

I’ve ridden RTs and RSs with the same LC engine and they seem much quieter mechanically. I think the shape of the panels or the large echo chamber around the forks makes the noise more obvious. I recall a post from a year or two ago from someone who added sound deadening material to some of the panels to good effect.

I guess you can not "win them all".
On one hand some guys are paying out of their nose for systems that make their engine way more noisy, while others try to insulate and remove the noise :hippy

My 500 mile 4 week old Rallye is very noisy... much more so then any other boxer I’ve owned...(5)...

Can’t hear it on the move... but when stationary it’s quite rattly

They are noisy engines. even more so on startup with the exhaust flap disconnected.

Had a biker at the next fuel pump to me and he asked if it should take diesel rather than unleaded;)

I guess you can not "win them all".
On one hand some guys are paying out of their nose for systems that make their engine way more noisy, while others try to insulate and remove the noise :hippy

In fairness a nice bark from an exhaust is better than the sound like someone is shaking a tin of nails. My old r1150r used to sound like a singer sowing machine until I drowned it out with a full Remus system.
Hey at least it’s not as bad as a Ducati .....
https://youtu.be/UCyLcKdKaNI

Noise does indeed seem to be funnelled through from behind the instruments from below.

The guy who designs a cover or some type of flap system to cover that Central tunnel would make some serious coin

So after it being in at Chester Motorrad, they adjusted the valve clearances and they said that they couldn’t find any wear on cams...and when I rode away it felt and sounded better... did 50 miles and thought ok this is acceptable... but now 200 miles on and it’s rattling again and soot on the new number plate... so it’s booked back in again for technician to do another check and do an extended test ride.
Now the interesting bit .... they asked has it been remapped.... no no I said :rolleyes:
They have also suggested if I’m still not happy to get a second opinion from another dealer..... but if they don’t find anything ... I might be charged for workshop time..

Soot on the number plate don’t sound right to me - not noticed that on mine, I will check.

Back
Top Bottom