First ride for yonks = Happy Chappie

MickDB1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had me first proper rideabout today since getting friggin shingles in mid March.
Brilliant day out
0815 Met me mate John (MrWilks) and went Chezzer to Yonderman for a cuppa -

Yonderman to Motorworks for some spares

Motoworks to Elvington Airfield to see UKGSER Crapaud ( Sid )

He was running 2 bikes and his top speeds were

206 Sid Horman MV Augusta F4 1000c 188.732 MPH

205 Sid Horman Hayabusa Turbo 1300cc 211.547 MPH. Yep you read it right !!!!!

Brilliant afternoon followed by an evenings natter with Duncan (Awkwright) at Scarcliffe bike night

Kissed missis at 2100 hrs after putting bike away
Best day for yonks

I am a happy chappie - so I thought I would tell yer all

Nice one, Mick :thumb

I bet you were climbing the walls?

shingles

that is shit i had them last year well you seem well rid of them enjoy the ride and the rest of your life:thumb

Had me first proper rideabout today since getting friggin shingles in mid March.
Brilliant day out

Brilliant afternoon followed by an evenings natter with Duncan (Awkwright) at Scarcliffe bike night

Best day for yonks

Glad to hear you’re back in circulation Mick . . . . Based on your experience I’m going for my shingles jab tomorrow!

Sounds like a cracking day my old mate. Why didn't you ride the turbo busa:nenau:augie

Sounds a good day out Mick ;) I hope you get plenty more like it this summer Please pass my regards to Her Indoors too :beerjug:

Sid's a crazy fella - He posted in FB that he had wheel spin at 200mph+

Because of the distances - and our eye sight - on Sids last run, me and John thought we saw a large puff of blue smoke as he thundered up towards us. He recons the bike was geared and sprocketed to be 250mph flat out. He may have been spinning up all along as the rear tyre was a tadge worn. No friggin way would I have had a go at that but I was well impressed by Sid and his fellow riders engineering and style/talents. Its not just twist and go for it.
John and me were Very proud to have helped Sid with the spanners on his bike. Summat else to brag about at his doo in France (near to the town of Dausse) in August. Sid asked me to remind his mates that all are welcome. We also saw a chap pedalling a "pushbike" at 135mph = now he was fuckin crackers. Also a chap riding had only one arm = didnt dare ask how he lost it !!!!!
Great entertainment for a fiver and very very enlightning as you can walk all around the "pits" area.

Brilliant day out

Best day for yonks

Perfic...

Glad yer over the shingles...

Back
Top Bottom