Haynes Motor Museum

Smug

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Went to Devon last weekend and visited the Haynes Motor Museum on the way there. Free entry with my BMCT membership.

An excellent museum and well worth seeing. Worth going in just to visit the cafe.

ED7R6EZ.jpg

xSvtmJZ.jpg

aHUSLPJ.jpg

cMsCPhY.jpg

yl8L9fL.jpg

zXhV7ZD.jpg

fIHg3Uf.jpg

ZJHPaCH.jpg

Thanks for the reminder - I lived down the road at Castle Cary as a sprog & we keep saying we need to organise a short break down S.Somerset/Dorset way to do Haynes, RNAS Yeovilton & Bovington Tank Museum & maybe Clouds Hill. Love that Aubern.

Thanks for the reminder - I lived down the road at Castle Cary as a sprog & we keep saying we need to organise a short break down S.Somerset/Dorset way to do Haynes, RNAS Yeovilton & Bovington Tank Museum & maybe Clouds Hill. Love that Aubern.

In late 2016 I collected my wife’s new car from Worthing and enjoyed that very same bunch of museums on a wee tour on my way home.

I was pxssed on arrival at Bovington to find it full of kids on a school holiday week. But the upside was we got some live action in the big yard, so all was well.

Haynes was smaller and took less time than I expected. Very nice place though.

The RNAS was a bonus. I just stumbled upon it with no forward planning. Eric “Winkle” Brown was topical at the time.

I added Cosford on the road North.

Was a great few days.

Went several times before the revamp always enjoyed it, although the cafe was poor. Hopefully the updated version is the museum is just as good with a better cafe.

Must get back there, haven't been for years..

Back
Top Bottom