Accommodation recommendations wanted, 7 days Picos/Asturias August this year

jc_bromley

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, I'd like to spend a week in the area, I don't know it that well so I'm looking for something centralish that will put me in a good position to have a great ride every day!

Requirements are-

Beer
Food
Swimming pool
Parking for 2 bikes
Internet would be nice.....
Something 2/3 star, a B & B would do if there are bars/restaurants in walking distance.....

I'd be happy to split the week over 2 locations if that's a better option....

thanks for reading,

John

Hi in Ribadesella at the moment. Fantastic location, beach front hotel with pool. Quiet at the moment and great selection of everything from spit on the floor to spit outside - been here a week and easy access to the Picos for the odd day out. Doug

Hi in Ribadesella at the moment. Fantastic location, beach front hotel with pool. Quiet at the moment and great selection of everything from spit on the floor to spit outside - been here a week and easy access to the Picos for the odd day out. Doug

What flavour spit......;-)

A couple of us stayed in La Vega for a couple of days at Casa Leny (Booking.com) last month. 15 mins from Potes, nice bars and restaurants close by.
Good parking for the bikes and reasonably priced.
No swimming pool but slap bang in the Picos area.
We will stay there if we go back!

Hi was in the Grand Hotel de Sella. Has everything indoor and outdoor pool but there are plenty of others

I’m on the ferry tonight.

Staying in a little village for a few nights then paradors in Cangas del Narcea and Cangas de Onis then four nights at the Hotel del Oso near Potes.

Not stayed in any yet as normally ride through but will report back.

Try and incorporate the roads in western Asturias,they are utterly amazing .

For example

d5955a02d3c515438663c4f88cf72cdf.jpg

ea2b9b4d49b308fd437118206c86f206.jpg

But keep the speed down for the next few months !!

14144f9650d21d3f2113223275853784.png

94027f7928973e672bd83aa65c5fb9a6.png

Thanks Hoff, that looked lovely, sadly fully booked for my dates. I'll put it on my list for next year though!

Hi was in the Grand Hotel de Sella. Has everything indoor and outdoor pool but there are plenty of others

You are clearly a man of impeccable taste, and far deeper pockets than i have.....;-0

Hi Travelling with my wife. We try to have a bit of a holiday in the middle of a tour so the Hotel de Sella was the choice. However, the whole town is great, we ate in the local cider house behind the hotel, chap was the spitting image of Angel Nieto, but ate for next to nothing. In Santander now on the way home. Just ordered a glass of wine from the hotel bar as a last fling 1.75 Euro - can’t believe it. By the way I found
CERVERA DE PISUERGA to be a great town. Off the beaten track but the roads are empty. Flatter than the Picos but did a few tours north into the mountains. Just personal taste but I prefer the quieter life. Also has a parador but the town is back to basics. Locals are great

Glad to hear it - that’s day 2 on our tour already booked. Find days three to five now please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Unquera

Stayed at the canal hotel with a group of 7 in Unquera (spelling might be wrong). Very cheap but no pool, cheap resteurant 50m away. This is at the start of the Picos triangle as reported in adventure bike mag. Only 60k from Santander.

Back
Top Bottom