At Cuenca and looking for ideas to move on to

Soria, Logrono...

There are some good suggestions on here.

Great Parador in Siguenza. You might be able to get 3 nights for 2 on their website.

Soria is a great destination. Lots of hotels and places to eat and drink.

Logrono is also v good with an even bigger variety of the above.

Soria and Logrono are surrounded with great roads.

Now here’s a twist in the tale

We stayed at Los Bracos by Silken, underground parking and 50m to the tapas area.

Would stay again, modern place big rooms, decent coffee!

Well here’s a little story, we checked in at Los Bracos all good, reception was great and really nice if a bit warm as they were having work done on the air conditioning and then went for lunch
Got back to the room and it was unbearable so went down to talk to them and they admitted that the air conditioning wouldn’t be back on tonight or even tomorrow
So I told them that we would be checking out ( we wernt the only ones , chatting to some other Spanish guys doing the same thing
Los Bracos were fine about it and were completely understanding
So we moved to the NH Rioja- seems fine also with underground parking
Feel sorry for Los Bracos as loads will be leaving but the heat over here at the moment is unbearable
The interesting thing is during lunch I had a few drinks and probably shouldn’t have moved the bike but it’s funny how you sober up quickly when you have to 😂😂
Right a little snooze under the new air con and out for some tapas methinks 👍

The road between Soria and Logrono is great, made even better because the tunnel is closed (or at least it was last Thursday as we headed from Siguenza to Bilbao) so you have to go up and over the twisty Puerto de Piqueras.

We've just spent two weeks in Spain, travelling from Santander to Barcelona (for the MotoGP) then back to Bilbao for the return ferry trip. We stayed mainly in Paradores and the average cost was 200 Euros per night for two of us half board, including drinks with dinner and the odd coffee and snack. The exception being Cardona where we stayed for four nights and upgraded to a suite for 1,000 euros. An extravagance... but an amazing place to stay. Joining their loyalty club - Amigos de Paradores - gives some good discounts and offers.

We stayed at the following Paradores, in this order: Santillana Gil Blas; Lerma; Olite; Vic; Cardona; couple of nights on the coast in Peniscola at a non-Parador hotel; Siguenza. Some truly memorable places to stay, all very high quality, and some really fantastic dinners. The only slight downside is the tendency for whoever built these places back in the 13th century to have steep cobbled car parks. It's almost as if they didn't consider the problems this would cause for bikers!

(Ironically, I dropped my bike in the most modern of the Paradores, Vic-Sau, which has a beautifully smooth tarmac car park. No damage beyond some minor scratches, fortunately.)

Oh, and we saw dolphins from the ferry on the way out!

The road between Soria and Logrono is great, made even better because the tunnel is closed (or at least it was last Thursday as we headed from Siguenza to Bilbao) so you have to go up and over the twisty Puerto de Piqueras.

We've just spent two weeks in Spain, travelling from Santander to Barcelona (for the MotoGP) then back to Bilbao for the return ferry trip. We stayed mainly in Paradores and the average cost was 200 Euros per night for two of us half board, including drinks with dinner and the odd coffee and snack. The exception being Cardona where we stayed for four nights and upgraded to a suite for 1,000 euros. An extravagance... but an amazing place to stay. Joining their loyalty club - Amigos de Paradores - gives some good discounts and offers.

We stayed at the following Paradores, in this order: Santillana Gil Blas; Lerma; Olite; Vic; Cardona; couple of nights on the coast in Peniscola at a non-Parador hotel; Siguenza. Some truly memorable places to stay, all very high quality, and some really fantastic dinners. The only slight downside is the tendency for whoever built these places back in the 13th century to have steep cobbled car parks. It's almost as if they didn't consider the problems this would cause for bikers!

(Ironically, I dropped my bike in the most modern of the Paradores, Vic-Sau, which has a beautifully smooth tarmac car park. No damage beyond some minor scratches, fortunately.)

Oh, and we saw dolphins from the ferry on the way out!

Hi Quinten
Great post, I can’t believe the similarities between our trip
Funnily enough I was packing the bike at the Parador at Sigüenza this morning thinking how shit the cobbles were, I rode the bike out to the main car park to load the bags on it but the cobbles were almost as bad, when I went back in to get the missus I was worried that someone might open a car door on the bike and knock it over
We stayed in a superior room with a balcony overlooking the amazing courtyard
As for the run from Sigüenza to Logrono it was simply awesome - the first section to the motorway was little country roads with loads of wildlife - we saw a family of deer - the second bit to Logrono after the motorway on the N111 I think was great twisties all the way to Logrono with loads of places for overtakes

Sounds like we stayed in the same kind of room at Siguenza - we were in 221! We didn't get to see much of the town. It was too hot in the afternoon we arrived to go tramping up steep hills, and we had to leave early in the morning to get to Bilbao for the ferry.

The ride from Siguenza is one I will remember for a while. Even the little country roads at the beginning were fun.

Back
Top Bottom