Rear Drive Flange Puller

Well I am glad to report, that it is not that seal after all :)

It's the outer seal on the left behind the Black Plastic Cap. Anyone have the part No handy?

Try realoem.com you'll find it there

You could get a 1/2” plate laser cut to the wheel bolt PCD plus a centre hole. Also get a disc cut to fit over the spindle tube.
Some HT bolts and nuts will give you a hefty puller.
Get the flange to 150C and stuff some gel freezer packs (well chilled) down the tunnel.

Saying all that mine came off without a puller. Mikey thinks it might be bolloxed by a previous strip down. If so it’s unfortunate as the bike had only done 12K when the owner bought it and this is his first wheel bearing at 40K.
Hi bendy,
Not saying yours has any issues,
Just surprised that it “”””fell”””” apart.
Up to you with what’s good bad or anything else,I know nothing about your particular rebuild.
Please don’t quote me where a completely different bike is being discussed:thumby:

Well I am glad to report, that it is not that seal after all :)

It's the outer seal on the left behind the Black Plastic Cap. Anyone have the part No handy?

Try a seal wiper first ;) only a couple of quid of the bay ..

However... if it is the seal that has failed, you have to ask why.... it might be an early warning of failure --

Think about it its a rotating part with a seal, the only way oil gets past is if the seal deforms / flexes - the flange moving in the bearing!

Seeing the amount of debris and black silt that comes out on first oil change its surprising how few if any issues are with the lC final drives,

Hi bendy,
Not saying yours has any issues,
Just surprised that it “”””fell”””” apart.
Up to you with what’s good bad or anything else,I know nothing about your particular rebuild.
Please don’t quote me where a completely different bike is being discussed:thumby:

Sorry Mike. A hazard of using the mobile and not properly reading the title.

BTW, I suspect the wheel bearing I worked on had been apart before. I seem to remember you saying the parts can be permanently damaged if removed without enough heat - interference fit is reduced. I think you'll agree this is likely to be the same in any engineered gearbox like these.

Back
Top Bottom