hey all from High peak national Park

schneazle weazle

Reaction score
hi all, just few lines to write hello, I am lucky enough to have just purchased a 2016 R1200 GS Adventure, bought it from a BMW Williams in manchester and when they did a warranty check the engine casing was not in perfect condition (only cosmetically) the think this was due to owner using harsh cleaning products, so BM decided to replace the engine, OH yeh and gearbox and final drive and then ................. after removing engine they decided on a new frame and exhaust, then just to top it off replaced the wheels, so as you can imagine I'm pretty chuffed.
Anyway I moved over from a V-strom 650 which I loved but this is a different level, I am absolutely hooked, I am about 1000miles in now and have loved every mile. I am fortunate enough to live in the high peak, derbyshire which has awesome biking roads. I have toured around italy switzerland france and germany and looking forward to going on my new baby. this year we staying local (ish) and touring Scottish highlands including NC 500 planned route is only about 1500 miles but I'm sure that will change. ✌️🤘

You're in good company up there.
Our folks farm at Tissington, but I still don't know the roads! Enjoy your virtually new steed.

Welcome mate, I will be in your neck of the woods in middle of next week, Off work and going to be nice.

Back
Top Bottom