R850r screen

uncle buck

Reaction score
Just bought a 1997 r850r, being a lanky bugger I'm trying to find a screen to fit. Any
Recommendations.?

Got something that should be perfect for you.

As you only live a few 100 yards away I will be happy to post it and charge you an extra £13.

If you don’t like it. Post it back.

Got something that should be perfect for you.

As you only live a few 100 yards away I will be happy to post it and charge you an extra £13.

If you don’t like it. Post it back. ��
Hi Nick, mine has a 2 piece handlebar set up like on the RT. I've got a puig screen on it at the moment. It's about as good as a chocolate fire guard.

I have one of these on my R850R and it is very effective when I rode the 400 mile trip home from Scotland a couple of weeks ago, just stopping for fuel. This was cruising at circa 85mph.
https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.s...t49yq0Lm1ZmspZ5MDkiHsacsQEUtKiEsaAoj9EALw_wcB
I might be selling the bike when I am back home in August. I kidded myself it wouldn’t feel as heavy as my old GS, but it does. The best mod I did was the superbike bar conversion as I hated the ally bolt on bars fitted as standard. It feels so much better now on the transitions into and out of corners. I also found the standard seat pretty bad as there was no room to vary your arse location but I picked up a set of NOS Corbins from M&P which solved the problem. I do find them weirdly good to look at though, although I can’t work out why :D

I have an original oem screen for an R1100r somewhere in one of the sheds, not to sure if it has the brackets though.
If your interested let me know and I'll dig it out and send you a picture.

Emma.

Thanks for all your replies, my local dealer has dug out a screen that might do. Will have a play this weekend and see if it works.��

I have an original oem screen for an R1100r somewhere in one of the sheds, not to sure if it has the brackets though.
If your interested let me know and I'll dig it out and send you a picture.

Emma.

If it's anything like the BMW screen i've got on my 1150R it's shite.. looks the biz but deflects all the windblast straight onto your head, but it does keep the backs of the clocks clean. .

Back
Top Bottom