System 7 helmet?

dogmaboy

Reaction score
I am in need of a new helmet,I have one of the first system 6 helmets but time for a replacement.Does any one have comments to make about the new helmet,especially compared to the old system 6.Thanks again,Dogmaboy.

Just bought the new one. the fit seems very similar to the old one, perhaps the mirror visibility is a little better. speakers sound better, connectivity is improved to the nav, phone, headset (although that could be the smartphone) i got the moto graphic one and i really like the thing. not been out in the rain yet, although that's only a matter of time here!

i found that you had to keep the system 6 fully closed in the rain. this one looks to have a modified lip on the visor seal. i also like the idea of removing the full front and just using the sun visor for protection.... in fact f**k it, I'm going to the garage right now to do just that. The fit is quite snug, but i wouldn't go a size up and these things tend to loosen up.

I’ve just bought 2 ouch !! In the moto colour too with comms, can’t wait to pick them up, don’t forget if you buy the helmets with comms fitted there is no vat on the comms, a great saving

Have the System 7 with comm since last winter, it replaced a C3pro so I can't compare it to the System 6 directly.

Fit is rather comfy, lid mechanism is way better than C3's, clicks all the time one handed with minimal effort.
Comm sound is inferior to Schuberth offering, sound is not adjusted by speed or ambient noise, max volume not that loud and sound a bit tinny and lacking bass. (seems to be the exact same comm system hardware as previously, just with slightly different buttons)
Visibility is great, visor is massive and the pinlock takes up a large portion of the available space. Leads to fog building along the edges when it's cold outside.
Sun visor used alone provides decent wind protection. Tend to fog up quite fast in winter/mornings(especially when deployed under the regular visor).
When it rains (a lot), no water infiltration but the neckroll tend to suck up water like a sponge, and takes forever to dry, and bleeds color all over.
Not impressed by the air vents performance. Beware, I rather easily broke a tiny plastic bracket on the mouth vent, handle with care when cleaning visor. It still works but I'm bound to lose it at some point.

I was not able to make it work with the Nav6 at the same time as the TFT. As far as my experimentation goes, it's either/or for the time being with the latest revision of each device software/firmware.

Beg to disagree chaps. Tried the new 7. On the plus side, it was light. On the negative side, that lightness and the materials used in the lining made it feel cheap and cardboardy. Ended up with a Neotec2 which is a little heavier but superb in every other respect. Try one on in the shop for a bit and see what you reckon.

Buy a schuberth C4 fron Just helmets.co.uk and get a Sena comms kit free

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

C4 is shaped quite differently compared to C3Pro. Just worth noting in case your head already fits a C3. Handling the C4, it felt noticeably inferior in build quality compared to the C3Pro. Schuberth are still making the C3Pro and keeping it in the range which means something. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom