Mini fuel transfer pump

pitrat101

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi guys, posting this in both Hexhead and LC forum to get most coverage. Does anyone carry a small fuel transfer pump on there bike when travelling? My friend ran out of fuel last month when we were out as he had a faulty fuel gauge, I know he should have watched mileage but he is new to biking and this was a learning curve, whereas I had 3/4 tank, if I had pump could have saved 30 mile and a new fuel can! also when camping use duel fuel cooker so would free up space in luggage not having to take a fuel can. Any recommendations of make model would be great, all the ones I seem to come across are quite big! and really want a small pump, will be used AUX socket under seat as well.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

A piece of plastic tube and use the siphon effect to fill an empty water bottle or similar container to transfer petrol to the other bike? Just need to take care not to get a mouthful of petrol when getting the flow started!

Or carry a Primus metal fuel bottle on an external mount to avoid taking up luggage space. I carry a 1 litre bottle as an emergency supply, with the bottle locked inside a plastic tool tube mounted at the back of the bike.

A piece of plastic tube and use the siphon effect to fill an empty water bottle or similar container to transfer petrol to the other bike? Just need to take care not to get a mouthful of petrol when getting the flow started!

I carry some tube as well.

I always carry a length of clear tube under the seat.
When you ride a GSA people always look to you for a few litres when someone runs out.
Have also used a camel back tube once.

No need to carry a bloody pump !

Thanks guys, never thought of the obvious solution! just thought a mini pump would have been the cleanest way! off for some tube tomorrow!

I carry a siphon tube I think it’s made by Seally, in the middle it has a black bulb which you squeeze or pump to start the siphon going

Easy to avoid. Get the dozy fecker that ran out of fuel to do the sucking bit.

These little siphon devices look quite handy. The only reservation I would have on this aquarium type is whether it will be resistant to the solvent effects of petrol - you probably wouldn't want bits of disintegrating plastic getting into your fuel tank. Maybe the Screwfix one linked to earlier would be a better bet as it is designed to handle petrol.

I have a rubber hand primer made for fuel , it has a pipe at each end easy to carry, it doesnt take long to pump a gallon of fuel and last for years,
I use it for priming car fuel systems after a filter swap,
Sorry unable to post a photo,, 112852817217 this is the e bay item number as an example
Or search diesel hand primer pump,
Roamer,

Put a t-piece in the fuel supply line from the fuel pump. Add a cock to the tap off bit of the t-piece and bobs your uncle. A length of hose to fit said cock to reach the other bike is all that is needed. Why fuck around when the equipment is already on the bike.

Put a t-piece in the fuel supply line from the fuel pump. Add a cock to the tap off bit of the t-piece and bobs your uncle. A length of hose to fit said cock to reach the other bike is all that is needed. Why fuck around when the equipment is already on the bike.
Not a great deal of use if the above fitted bike is not the donor bike: or do you intend to be a tanker for everyone else?
Alan R

There’s also the issue that some bikes have high pressure fuel lines so you wouldn’t want a split and fuel straight onto your engine

I know he should have watched mileage but he is new to biking and this was a learning curve

Is he new to motorised transport as well?

Not a great deal of use if the above fitted bike is not the donor bike: or do you intend to be a tanker for everyone else?
Alan R

In reply to the OP and yes the fuckwit can siphon the fuel. Touratech did some contraption similar to what I described for Hexhead GSAs.

Back
Top Bottom