Cardo Q1 or Q3... any advice... can't get them working right????

beaver

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bugger... I knew which ever way I went I'd end up in this situation... got a Q1 set for rider to pillion only but its like they don't want to work with each other and and music streaming... any one know if you can do a factory re-set?
put them on... they don't connect (book says they should).. press the front button on mine.. and it connects?
playing music, i have to use the front button to switch between intercom or music?... where as the info suggests intercom should take priority over music one you start talking.. so both on at the same time... its like I've got them on two channels?
also, down load the app to update software.. it just sits there saying 'Reading from device'... been like that for 3 hours now... that can't be right?
Either the instructions are crap or one / both are not working right....
Bloody hell... I knew this would happen !! :)

Okay.. got the app to work.. and its reading and trying to update the devices... but they are both responding in a differant way?.. thinks one or both need a master re-set?..
but this is how they came out of box !!

I have a G9.
I think you need to connect the Q1 to a computer usb and use scala web community (http://community.cardosystems.com) to update the firmware in each device. (do one at a time).

I dont think you can update the firmware with the phone ap.

Hope this helps

Ian

Thanks Ian... yes.. I have it on a computer... and I've also found that despite it not saying anywhere.. and the fact they give you 2 leads... you do have to connect one at a time....
I worked on them until late last night.... finaly got them to comunicate with the site and have managed to get them 80% there (so much for coming pre-set unless someone has been messing with them in the shop?)
anyway, the only thing I can't get to work is intercom from VOX... I can press the front button and do that, but in doing this, it stays on so you've effectively turned off and music / radio etc...
The VOX setting was on low, so I've put them both to High and will try this today once everyone is up!... must have taken about 10 hours to date (time I don't have!) anyway.. if this works its sorted.. but if not, I don't know what to try next?

Ok.. so they now work :) but with the VOX on max you have to shoult to get the intercom to come on... and it does take about 5 seconds before it's there....
will bike test them this aft

Never used mine as intercom but like the radio, navigator, phone connection. For VOX to operate you need to make sure the microphone is close to your lips (almost kissing it!)

Good luck with it.

Road tested it yesterday.. all working well now... maybe could do with being a tad louder if anything, but up to 90 MPH (private road).. we could still talk if we shoulted a bit... will do for what I want for sure :)

Back
Top Bottom