Yamaha dealers north west

Beaker

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a Yamaha dealer in the north west, looking to make a purchase but not dealt with any for years

Near me are

Marriott’s
Bill Smiths

Bit further are

Millennium in St Helens
Wigan Yamaha

Cheers :thumb2

Millennium and Wigan Yamaha are part of the same company. I have bought a couple of bikes from them in the past as they are local to me, however I found the after sales side a bit lacking.

I bought a Triumph last year from Bill Smiths in Chester, and found them to be excellent. I notice you're on the Wirral, I can't comment on Marriots as I've never bought from them, but you're fairly handy for Smiths.

Cheers for that, I popped into smiths in the week as I work in Chester, seemed ok but they don’t have the bike I’m looking to buy on demo, millennium do, and cheaper.... although it is last years model. Smiths did offer a demo on another model with the same engine and at a cost of £10 :eek:

Why not do the test ride with Millennium, then speak to Bill Smiths, telling them you've test ridden the bike and that if they could match Millenniums deal you will buy from them.
I had a test ride on the Bonny at Phil Youles in Blackburn, they messed me around a bit over the price and p/ex, I then went to Bill Smiths who gave me a better deal.

I tried to buy a bike from Wigan Yamaha and their sales pitch, when they finally got back to me, was take it or leave it. I just had the impression that they don’t give a flying fcuk whether they sold me a bike or not. I won’t be bothering them again, ever!

Cheers, I’m swaying towards Bill Smiths and a cheeky test ride at millennium

Raceways in fleetwood but might be a bit far out for you.

Steve the owner is always up for a good deal - I’ve bought a couple bikes from him and they’re good to deal with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably a tad far, if only it was a descent ride

Cheers

Had a decent experience with Chorley Yamaha a few years ago when buying a little used Hornet for the mrs, the bike seemed well prepped when we collected it too.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Had a decent experience with Chorley Yamaha a few years ago when buying a little used Hornet for the mrs, the bike seemed well prepped when we collected it too.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I have a feeling that Chorley Yamaha is owned by the same company as Millennium and Wigan Yamaha (Moto GB)

Why on earth would you want to buy a Yamaha? :nenau

Marriotts have only just ceased being a Yamaha dealer ( only because Yamaha wanted a separate building just for their own bike sales ). Recently bought my new MT09 Sport tracker off them. I'm sure their mechanics are still very capable etc. and they still have a few Yamaha's still in stock.

Nope. How long did you keep yours?

Strangely enough, I went in to possibly buy an MT10 but the dealer said his personal choice ( and in his opinion a better ride ) was the MT09...so I bought one of those. Horses for courses though. BMW are no longer the quality items they used to be, sadly.

Back
Top Bottom