Tyre pressure monitor system

richard shaw

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone recommend a tyre pressure monitor system for my gs as I have been riding around with a screw in my rear tyre , or could I put a bmw system on ,I have a 2012 gs
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the screw didn’t all a leak the tpc wouldn’t make any difference. I don’t think retro fitting is an economical job. I’ve heard garmin do one. Don’t know anything about it though. I have it on both car and bike. Yes it’s worthwhile but I can live without it. JJH

You can't retro fit the BMW system. I have just been using a loan bike from Motoscot which has a Steelmate TPMS fitted. Seems to be quite good, they are about £100 from what I have researched. I may well fit one to my own bike next time it needs tyres.

I have just bought a nav 6 and garmin monitors I think are not compatible,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapata

I’m very happy with my Bluetooth Fobo TPMS. Being able to check pre-ride pressures on a smartphone from the warmth of the house is just one of it’s winter features!

Excellent support from their website as well

https://my-fobo.com/product/fobobike

Attachments

• 7494C9E7-D4CD-4DD7-9246-8DBB9D8A6DD6.jpeg
    7494C9E7-D4CD-4DD7-9246-8DBB9D8A6DD6.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 199
Anyone recommend a tyre pressure monitor system for my gs as I have been riding around with a screw in my rear tyre , or could I put a bmw system on ,I have a 2012 gs
Thanks

Couriers use a self-tapping screw to ‘repair’ many punctures. It works.

I’d recommend spinning the tyre from time to time and looking. It’s free and pretty reliable. If some foreign body is found, found, spit on it. If it doesn’t bubble, it’s sealed. Don’t be tempted to pull it out, unless you have something to plug the hole with.... see above, for example.

Buy a 'stop 'n go' plugger kit and a small 'airman' compressor.

A TPMS system can't plug a tyre, these items can.

Chuck some tyre goo (tubeless type) into the tyres and stop worrying about plugs and pumps. It won't be much help when a 6" bolt goes through your wheel but damage large enough to defeat a plug kit will deflate less rapidly, giving more time to stop before your wheel is totalled.

Back
Top Bottom