Any F650CS Scarver owners?

MarkShelley

Very similar to Paolo Maldini
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I will be picking up my ebay spoils in a few weeks. Are they as good as the reviews? Yes, the styling is ‘challenging’, but it is hard to find a bad word about them.

Lots of good info over on f650.co.uk.
Helped me loads with my 2006 GS twin spark!

HI Mark,
Also some good info on the USA F650.COM site
the blackbelt gang:rob

Joanne has had a scarver for several years.No great problems yet,
I think the bike is on 46k now.
They are as good as you read.
some similarities to the f650gs so some spares as interchangeable.

So some similar faults, wiring harness, electric faults, water pump, gearbox faults etc.

send me a pm if you need anything I may have a spare:rolleyes:

it will be a single spark then:rob:D no problem , some people go on about surging etc,

colour? often 2002 blue or a gold colour

same year as Jo's. no problem with that,

Given the bike a going over and service and took it for my first run yesterday. First impressions are that it handles beautifully and has more grunt than expected.

Tubeless tyres and no nasty chains to mess with.............what's not to like??

Personally they never offended me style wise.. I always thought the CS looked a decent package. I liked the tank box thing. Wasn't quite sure how the lights would be if you were a night rider.

Enjoy the new bike :thumb

I actually don’t see the point of the false tank storage thing. It isn’t big enough to be of any real use and the recess is too small for one of my baglux bags to sit in it. You can certainly feel that the fuel is carried nice and low when moving the bike about though.

any more feedback? comments? Looking at a scarver as it'll make carrying the dog easier and need thoughts on the oomph factor? Safe enough for quick overtakes. Anything to look out for? Easy access to service it? Can a vario top box fit onto the bmw rack it comes with? Looking at this bike but it's mainly a car dealership and they say they know very little re bikes...No service history. I note that the mileage is 30K and belt would be close to renewal. Any idea on prices? https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...c&part-ex-available=true&price-to=2500&page=1

Servicing is, in my opinion, a bit of a ball ache compared to your average bike. It takes longer to remove the fake tank gubbins to access the top of the engine than it takes to remove a tank. The oil change is a messy business. It is a fun engaging ride though and overtakes at legal speeds are a piece of the proverbial. I have owned a few big singles over the years and this is a good one.

Thanks Mark. I'll be paying someone to service it but good to know. I see the twins are the same HP, but chain...I guess easier to service. The bike I am looking at has no service history and has 30 k on the clock so i'll have to bargain on the new belt drive (or not ) being an issue. Good to hear that it has some go.

Hi Adventuredon,
I thought the belt change interval was still 24k? also fuel filter (£77) is supposed to be changed.
so maybe the one on the bike you are looking at has been done?
some people use them way past the service interval, check out the blackbelt gang USA
Maybe you could get the service history from your bmw dealer on the 30k bike:rob
new belts are currently around £265 :blastA top box could be made to fit through the original rear rack.
Front headlights can work loose inside the casing.

Looks tidy Mark and I see you have the handy aftermarket centre stand.
the grab rails been removed from your bike. Joanne uses the scarver small rucksack that fits inside the false tank area.
The battery is a pain to remove and get at .(now using a mottobatt which is a good fit)Make sure the terminals do not work loose.

Adventuredon, I looked on autotrader, the one you are looking at is too much at £2000 considering no history and have a look at previous mot history, been tarted up a bit.
I would say usually you are looking at around 1400-2500 these days.
there are a couple of other bikes 2100-2499 that look much better history condition .
ride away on one of those rather than trying to get the 30k no history one cheaper.

ThanksColt. My thoughts too on the price. ESP with no history. I spoke to them and they were also a bit vague so that one is out. Top notch info re battery and lights etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grab rails now re-fitted after painting. The bars on mine were not standard and fairly low. The previous owner removed the grabrails because the bars fouled them. I had been using risers to get over this but just fitted a set of Suzuki VanVan bars which are perfect and a nicer looking shape than standard.

Back
Top Bottom