Interphone F5mc in Neotec 2

Rick B

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted a F5mc to the Neotec 2?Im getting a hell of a lot of wind noise through the lid , all wires are in the channels for the Non Sena fit, and chin and cheek cushions are all in their right place,but it has gone so noisy,I ride a RT but have to have the screen up which in this weather isnt too good and I dont want to spend £250 to get the Sena for it ,I only bought it as the reviews said it was one of the best modular helmet for 2018, so far im not that convinced.
Ive had a word with the supplier and as they cant exchange it due to it being used and if i send it off to them so they can check it out I could be without a lid for up to 2 weeks
Just a bit frustrating that my 5 yr HJC RPHa was a lot more quieter

Has anyone fitted a F5mc to the Neotec 2?Im getting a hell of a lot of wind noise through the lid , all wires are in the channels for the Non Sena fit, and chin and cheek cushions are all in their right place,but it has gone so noisy,I ride a RT but have to have the screen up which in this weather isnt too good and I dont want to spend £250 to get the Sena for it ,I only bought it as the reviews said it was one of the best modular helmet for 2018, so far im not that convinced.
Ive had a word with the supplier and as they cant exchange it due to it being used and if i send it off to them so they can check it out I could be without a lid for up to 2 weeks
Just a bit frustrating that my 5 yr HJC RPHa was a lot more quieter
Can you not try unclipping the F5MC to see if that really is the cause of the added nose?

I was also wondering if the visor was fitted properly? A while back after cleaning my Neotec I discovered the visor was not seated properly on one side meaning it wouldn't close quite properly - therefore it was a noisy journey... Just thinking aloud.

The last thought is the screen and its positioning...

Not much help probably.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Cheers for that,I'll give removing it a try
I've been on to Shoei uk and basically they've said it can be a whole raft of variations,head shape/bike style/clothing/rider height and positioning,etc,I tried the helmet on at J&S and because they didn't have the Anthracite in and it would be up to 2 weeks for delivery i bought the same size from Sportsbike shop.
And as its worn they wont exchange ,only i would have to send it to them so they could test for defects,which would leave me lid less for up to 3 weeks,which is a shame as its a comfy helmet(apart from the wind noise) and a great looking colour,So basically as i couldn't test the helmet out on my bike Shoei are saying you "pay you're money, you take a chance",

Back
Top Bottom