Shoei Neotec 2 - Scalp Pressure Causing Headaches

I used my thumb and just pushed the offending section a bit. Little by little. I was only dealing with discomfort in an are 1 cm wide at the forehead though. Perhaps a large would suit you better with a thicker foam liner? I don’t know if they sell them but some manufacturers do? Hth

I’m coming to that conclusion too, I might try a thinner scalp pad but it seems pretty thin on the Shoei (not ‘shoe’) already.

More trying on the lids today - planning to try the thinner centre pads as the cheapest option next and the cheeks are OK - it's a right royal PITA as I'm a 58cm so reluctant to go to L. I've done all the usual sitting in the office with helmet on for 2 hours, watched a gazillion helmet fitting guide and it all checks out with no issues but an hour on the bike and the tightness comes.

Maybe my head or ears have grown in lockdown but it's blooming expensive if you find (once it's too late to send back) that the helmet's not quite right after a few sessions on the bike.

Sets of pads all round are a bomb - centre and cheeks are £100 odd on a Shoei all round...

Not a Shoei, but had a Schubert E1, flip front. Has the no peak versions before and have a BMW6evo.
I’m 60 but had issues with forehead pain, so removed some foam with a craft knife, also bought a larger set just to see, thought the larger liner more comfy, but on 2plus hour rides had awful pain on the top of my head. The BMW has shaped foam inserts between the top and sides, and swapped them in with some double sided tape, pain worse and now all the way down the centre lining.

Back to the XL liner and the bmw inserts and on my 7hour kent to the north ride, no pain at all.

Spreading the load around my head made all the difference

For the last 38 years of riding, I've thought a had a Shoie head. This has been confirmed on numerous times, when I have tried helmets from the likes of HJC and Shark. However, I recently tried an Arai Tour X4, which was up for a heafty discount with price beating from Motolegends. After just a few hundred miles, I now know this is the helmet fit I have been looking for. It is just perfect on me and my 3 year old Neotec has been retired to the office display shelf :)

Back
Top Bottom