Shoei Neotec 2 - Scalp Pressure Causing Headaches

I think it's meant to be motivational for you during your period of injury.
My bad. I hadn't read the whole thing. Thought it was one of those posts where someone posts some random thing unrelated to discussion.

Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear you couldn't make the helmet work.
If you have definitely decided to sell it on.........have a think about the size of a hit you are prepared to take and get it into the For Sale section fairly sharpish.

All the online sellers will start discount campaigns around the time of the NEC show, it will be harder to sell while that is all going on.

Best of luck with it.

Sent from a U11

Sorry to hear you couldn't make the helmet work.
If you have definitely decided to sell it on.........have a think about the size of a hit you are prepared to take and get it into the For Sale section fairly sharpish.

All the online sellers will start discount campaigns around the time of the NEC show, it will be harder to sell while that is all going on.

Best of luck with it.

Sent from a U11
Thanks for the heads up. I tried it on again tonight, half hour here, half hour there. Both times discomfort was setting in towards the end of both times. I reread a couple of posts where people said to continue to wear it, to bed in. Looking at my loses if I sell and not working for past 6 weeks self employed with an unknown when I can return to my business, money is very tight right now so if I can make it work it would be good. Not sure if wearing it this week on and off will help but I will give it a go.

Mine was a tad uncomfortable initially but after another 2000 mile trip it’s perfect
What do you think changes in these helmets? Is it the foam lining or the EPS or both?

Had the same problem with a arai tour x4 was told later that they have changed the helmet shape on a lot of thier helmets

The problem i had with the Neo2 was the fookin wind noise,,The lid itself is a great fit with a plush lining, and really good visor, but its not as quiet as i was lead to believe ,I contacted Shoei uk and was told "Well the problem could be height of rider,the bike you ride,screen or no screen, what jacket you wear",,and a few others i cant remember,,so still not happy i sent it back to SBS and they passed it on to their supplier who adjusted the chin piece and visor ,so after 4-5 weeks without it was returned but still noisy,the only thing i can think of is changing the cheek pieces at £50.00 ,,Im not trying to hijack the thread i am just giving my 2peneth on how disgruntled i am at spending £600.00 on a lid that imunhappy with and also stuck with.

The problem i had with the Neo2 was the fookin wind noise,,The lid itself is a great fit with a plush lining, and really good visor, but its not as quiet as i was lead to believe ,I contacted Shoei uk and was told "Well the problem could be height of rider,the bike you ride,screen or no screen, what jacket you wear",,and a few others i cant remember,,so still not happy i sent it back to SBS and they passed it on to their supplier who adjusted the chin piece and visor ,so after 4-5 weeks without it was returned but still noisy,the only thing i can think of is changing the cheek pieces at £50.00 ,,Im not trying to hijack the thread i am just giving my 2peneth on how disgruntled i am at spending £600.00 on a lid that imunhappy with and also stuck with.

I’m with you 100%. I moved from a Shoei Multitec - older version - and the Neotec 2 is noisy. I complained to Shoei about this and other things and they were useless. They offered to check it out but I’m convinced most of the noise is coming in from the top vent. Cover it up next time you go out. Use your thumb to cover it as you ride. The noise disappears. I change the helmet to a larger size because I had already invested £260 in the SENA SRL as I didn’t want to lose more money switching to a different helmet. That top vent is terrible for noise.

I’m with you 100%. I moved from a Shoei Multitec - older version - and the Neotec 2 is noisy. I complained to Shoei about this and other things and they were useless. They offered to check it out but I’m convinced most of the noise is coming in from the top vent. Cover it up next time you go out. Use your thumb to cover it as you ride. The noise disappears. I change the helmet to a larger size because I had already invested £260 in the SENA SRL as I didn’t want to lose more money switching to a different helmet. That top vent is terrible for noise.

So you think its the top vent,,(I'll give it a try next time iIm out) Half the time its ok as im normally on comms or listening to music or audible book, but my HJC Rph was a lot quieter,Just makes me feel Shoei have given the wrong idea to customers regarding that this could possibly be the quietest modular helmet out there

So you think its the top vent,,(I'll give it a try next time iIm out) Half the time its ok as im normally on comms or listening to music or audible book, but my HJC Rph was a lot quieter,Just makes me feel Shoei have given the wrong idea to customers regarding that this could possibly be the quietest modular helmet out there
Definitely top vent. When I first used this helmet I was very dissapointed and the first thing that came to mind is "they all lied to us" because I exhausted youtube and the internet reading reviews before I bought it and one thing that was kept being said was "its the quiet modular helmet". Well if this is quiet I hate to think what noisey is. Do you wear ear plugs as you ride? I do and I still find it "windy".

I did the same ,you tubed,read the reviews on how it was tested in a wind tunnel (obviously without someones head in it) as it was a choice between that or one of the Shuberths,and i liked the look of the Anthracite colour,,,Still,,Just annoying how a 4 year old 3rd of the price lid can be better,No Im not a lover of ear plugs (although i should wear them) .

I did the same ,you tubed,read the reviews on how it was tested in a wind tunnel (obviously without someones head in it) as it was a choice between that or one of the Shuberths,and i liked the look of the Anthracite colour,,,Still,,Just annoying how a 4 year old 3rd of the price lid can be better,No Im not a lover of ear plugs (although i should wear them) .

Well I wear those yellow squidgy ear plugs all the time. Makes a noisy ride nice and quiet but I can still hear the wind noise with ear plugs I’ve learnt now that future helmets I’ll avoid those with air intakes found on Concorde. The problem with wearing ear plugs is that the SRL is quiet and useless past £60mph

Take the skull cap out and use the back of a spoon (or your thumb/object/ whatever) to push against the foam that's causing the issue, mine did exactly the same as yours but after doing the above it's perfect.

Fantastic advice! My neotec has been hurting the front of my forehead since purchase. No more! Worth the £12 sub! Thanks! Just wish I’d paid more attention to the earlier posts three years ago.

Take the skull cap out and use the back of a spoon (or your thumb/object/ whatever) to push against the foam that's causing the issue, mine did exactly the same as yours but after doing the above it's perfect.

As above, I have 2 points about the size of a 10p piece on my skull that cause this in all helmets I have, Arai, shoei, shark no matter how long I try to break them in

Gentle smooth compressing of the polystyrene always sorts it

Same here, a size small GT Air was superb. Neotec 2 has skull pressure. the spoon worked to help ease it and was slipper comfy after that.

Game changer for me. I’m looking to replace my neotec and was planning on buying something else because of the forehead fit. Despite the fact I love everything else about the helmet. Magic! Ride home from work snd the lid is transformed!!

Guys - I'm a Shoe user too - some models come up larger/tighter as you'll know. I'm 58cm so go medium and I know large would be just a bit too big. My Hornet ADV in medium does give me a bit of grief though - general pressure on the scalp and my left ear for some reason!

I don't want to muller it up - any more tips on foam compressing - maybe along the temple line?

I used my thumb and just pushed the offending section a bit. Little by little. I was only dealing with discomfort in an are 1 cm wide at the forehead though. Perhaps a large would suit you better with a thicker foam liner? I don’t know if they sell them but some manufacturers do? Hth

Back
Top Bottom