Rear tyre needed recommendations

biggo4

Reaction score
Just back from touring and the rear tyre on my 06 plate RT is getting close to the markers. On at the moment is a Continental Road Attack just wondered what peoples thoughts are on wether to replace like for like or if there is a better alternative.

Had great success with Roadtec 01s HWM on my RT. Rode in all conditions and had no scary moments and grip has been superb. Haven't tried any others so can't comment.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi biggo4. This is like an oil thread. What answer are you hoping for? What answer will make you feel good?
People will always argue brand 'x' is better than brand 'y'. The bottom line is that all mainstream tyres of the correct spec will feel great to some people. As an example, I really didn't get on with the Conti's. So what does that tell you? Nothing really.

OP, what are you interested in?

Dry road grip and handling grip?
Wet road traction and accurate feel when the tyres are about to lose grip?
Tyre life?
Drop-off in handling when tyre is part worn?

Not one tyre excels in all these areas due to compromises in the tyre compound.

Just back from touring and the rear tyre on my 06 plate RT is getting close to the markers. On at the moment is a Continental Road Attack just wondered what peoples thoughts are on wether to replace like for like or if there is a better alternative.

My RT currently has the Road Attack 3 GT fitted, after having Roadsmart 3 & Michelin Pilot 4. All good tyres IMO but I do like the "ride" of the new Conti's.

When they need replacing I'll probably go for a repeat order.

I used to have the Continentals which were great on dry roads but not as good as the PR 3 or 4 for wet and cold. I am an all year rider so this matters to me. As others have pointed out, the best tyre for you depends a lot on your riding style and what is important to you.

Thanks guys have opted for a pair of Michelin Road Pilot 4 GT's

Back
Top Bottom