FS Triumph Cub

In answer to a question I think the number can be reassigned ( plate was valued at £1500-£2000) but I would prefer it was kept on the bike with the paperwork.

Fully appreciate when you sell a bike you can’t influence these things.

In 1964 when I was 14, a mate and myself bought a cub (can't remember what year it was) for the princely sum of £5. It came as a frame and several wooden boxes of bits. My mate was an apprentice engineer at Priestmans in Hull, and his dad was a keen biker. Over the next several month's we reassembled the bike and got it running, we then stripped it and did all the cosmetics. By this time my mate (Ken) had reached his 16th birthday and bought a new Yamaha 250. I gave him £20 for his share of the bike. (I had two paper rounds and a butchers round on a Saturday)

Kept the bike and continued to tinker with it, and had the occasional naughty ride out when my mother wasn't looking. I have very fond memories of that bike, although I don't ever remember it looking as good as this one.

Showed Joanne the pics and asked if I could put it in the new kitchen extension. No words where spoken, but some looks where given.

GLWS looks like a bit of a bargain to me.

Sorry, 1969 when I was 14.

Is the trailer included

What about the Tarmac?

Cannot believe this hasn't sold yet - sent two to Bermuda 20 years ago......

Bump!

889546268178227f2337b372557a68ed.jpg

In response to the questions re: what work was done, the seller gave me this link.

Doesn’t include the trailer, the straps, the sheepskin sleeves, the tarmac or the bushes. It does include the clouds in the background which on satisfactory completion of a deal I will be pleased to point out which clouds you have bought.

The next time you use the S7 make sure you adjust the front wheel clamp to the size of the wheel ;)

Yes dear.

Although the issue was that the smaller diameter brace was still in my garage so I had to use them larger size so that it didn’t roll backwards when rolling up the ramp.

First proper bike I had. Seller wouldn’t include the clip-ons he’d fitted and my mother was horrified when I brought it home, dad kept quiet then helped me sort it. I’d be lying if I said I learned to ride on it, but I did learn!

Back
Top Bottom