Summer Jacket

Timbo1965

Reaction score
Went out yesterday in my Rukka Armas and it's just too hot and the vents aren't great. I will always wear it on tour, because it's great for any weather except really hot. I'm after a well vented summer jacket, not worried about waterproof or loads of thermal linings as I have that already. Just a cheap, good for day trips jacket I won't boil in. Any recommendations. Don't want to spend too much as I live in Wales and we don't get that many

I'm currently using an Alpinestars Air Jacket (J&S £139.99). Used down to Greece recently in temperatures up to 37 degrees. Been excellent.

I also have a Dainese Air Frame D1 jacket, similarly priced, but I think the Alpinestars one is just a little bit better.

Have the same issue with my ARMAS jacket , late last year a mate bought an RST Pro Series Paragon V jacket from J & S Accessories aand is very happy with it , looks well made, he says it is is waterproof but it is also very well vented for summer use all at under £200

Just get anything "mesh" with good armour.

Rev'it Airwave II is grand value, I got the trousers and brought them to Spain a couple of weeks ago.......done the job nicely.

I bought a Hein Gericke Tuareg jacket off of eBay for 28 pound. Washed it and it looks new. Loads of vents and also a liner for the colder months.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What size are you guys? I have a Dianese Air suit (jackets and trousers - both size 54 (EU size)) that I’m looking to sell.

What size are you guys? I have a Dianese Air suit (jackets and trousers - both size 54 (EU size)) that I’m looking to sell.

Gutted I'm a bit of a fat bugger, so my Rukka is a size 60 EU. Time to look at J&S and eBay me thinks.

Gutted I'm a bit of a fat bugger, so my Rukka is a size 60 EU. Time to look at J&S and eBay me thinks.

Rukka 4Air or the Forsair. The former comes with removable gortex inner jacket and trousers that compact really well and can be stuffed away easily. Only has vents at the side, but is very breathable. Looks the part for a non-leather, as well.

I have a size 50 UK which is now tight on me, so I looked into a larger size Forsair but didn't feel that the cut was right (seem very gappy around the neck line). I'm trying to avoid the trigger on a next size up 4Air, but I'm don't think I'm going to shift the extra lbs I'm carrying!

Rukka 4Air or the Forsair. The former comes with removable gortex inner jacket and trousers that compact really well and can be stuffed away easily. Only has vents at the side, but is very breathable. Looks the part for a non-leather, as well.

I have a size 50 UK which is now tight on me, so I looked into a larger size Forsair but didn't feel that the cut was right (seem very gappy around the neck line). I'm trying to avoid the trigger on a next size up 4Air, but I'm don't think I'm going to shift the extra lbs I'm carrying!

When that 50UK is no longer getting used........make sure you get it up for sale!

Tbh, I look so porky curves in it that it already gets left behind in favour of the Rukka Kalik, even in 25 degree heat. I've just put in an ebay bid for a size 52, will see what comes of that.

Went out yesterday in my Rukka Armas and it's just too hot and the vents aren't great. I will always wear it on tour, because it's great for any weather except really hot. I'm after a well vented summer jacket, not worried about waterproof or loads of thermal linings as I have that already. Just a cheap, good for day trips jacket I won't boil in. Any recommendations. Don't want to spend too much as I live in Wales and we don't get that many

Rev-it cool vest. Brilliant. Wear it under your Armas??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just get anything "mesh" with good armour.

Rev'it Airwave II is grand value, I got the trousers and brought them to Spain a couple of weeks ago.......done the job nicely.

+1 for Revit Airwave 2 but be aware their leg length is loooooooooooooooong. I'm 6' with a 32" inside leg and needed short fitting troos. Good stuff though

+1 for Revit Airwave 2 but be aware their leg length is loooooooooooooooong. I'm 6' with a 32" inside leg and needed short fitting troos. Good stuff though

Well, the Euro size 50 (it's actually UK size 40/M = got a little confused..) will be in the for sale section once I get a picture of it.

For those happy to buy from Germany, with just a 2 yr warranty on their Rukka rather than 5/6 years from a UK dealer, I recommend using the Make Offer function on ebay. Compared to the usual dealers in the UK, I saved over 25%. In hindsight I should have perhaps tried a lowball offer!

+1 for the rev it airwave 2. 40 ° in Belgium last year nice and cool and even better after a short shower. Dried off and cooled off really quickly. All the others looked like boiled lobsters after they stripped of there rukka gear.

I’ve got the Triumph branded Rowland mesh jacket

Don’t know who makes them but it’s top quality, D30 in shoulders, elbows and back as standard

Excellent cooling as it’s almost all mesh, pretty cheap too, got mine in last years sales :thumb2

Be carefull with these. I got one and loved it used it in France and Spain. I ended up Dehydrated. I didn’t cop on what happened until I read what sgt bilko think that’s his name on here wrote about their use

I think once you hydrate properly in hot temperatures, it'll be fine.

Just back from 10 days in Spain ..........still alive.

Sent from a U11

Love my mesh jacket for local stuff

Just ordered a girly model for wifey, Helstons Daytona from motoblouz with a bit of a discount :thumb2

Looks good and comes with CE back protector as standard which most don’t

I bought a Dainese Airframe jacket last week and wore it for the first time yesterday for a few hours in the hot sunshine. Blown away by it to be honest. Great through breeze on the motorway, cool enough in town, yet oodles of protection for around £150. It's getting a thorough testing next week during a week in Normandy. i wasn't looking forward to riding in the heat, but I'm a damn site happier about the prospect now.

Back
Top Bottom