Garmisch-Partenkirchen BMW Rally 2018

Buckit

Reaction score
Anyone going this year? Late decision for me will decide later this week. Would be good to hook up with some fellow Brit’s either ride there or back or just for a few beers.

According to a German buddy, you cannot just leave your helmet hanging on the mirror anymore.

Yes, me and the missus are heading over on 2 bikes , should get into Garmisch on the Friday afternoon, we'll be coming in via Switzerland and Austria :thumby:

Anyone going this year? Late decision for me will decide later this week. Would be good to hook up with some fellow Brit’s either ride there or back or just for a few beers.

Yes, leaving home first thing Tue morning for lunch time Euro Tunnel and returning Friday 13th. Will be camping all the time unless the weather really turns bad. Only have the first night booked so far (Peronne in France). Plan on doing the old race circuit near Reims, crossing into Germany just north of Freiburg and camping somewhere near there, then on to Garmisch for Thurs evening. That is flexible and may not get to Garmisch until Friday.

More than happy to meet up with anybody on the way or when there.

Mark

Hi
Two of us are currently at Lake Bled, a ride down to Albania then up via Sarajevo, Sofia, Budapest Vienna to garmisch.

Hopefully the long range weather forecast is wrong and it’s not pissing down

Yeah the forecast isn’t great is it. F***s sake. We are planning on camping all weekend

Yes, leaving home first thing Tue morning for lunch time Euro Tunnel and returning Friday 13th. Will be camping all the time unless the weather really turns bad. Only have the first night booked so far (Peronne in France). Plan on doing the old race circuit near Reims, crossing into Germany just north of Freiburg and camping somewhere near there, then on to Garmisch for Thurs evening. That is flexible and may not get to Garmisch until Friday.

More than happy to meet up with anybody on the way or when there.

Mark

Travel down to Calais from Leeds area Monday looking for a stop over near Ashford then early tunnel crossing Tuesday but could make it lunch time. No plans after that just drift across France into Germany arrive at Garmisch thurs it’s usually open but only limited access but a good night. Stopping over thurs and fri night heading home Saturday via the black forest ferry home to hull Monday eve. Might hook up with Mark first night in France what site have you booked?

Travel down to Calais from Leeds area Monday looking for a stop over near Ashford then early tunnel crossing Tuesday but could make it lunch time. No plans after that just drift across France into Germany arrive at Garmisch thurs it’s usually open but only limited access but a good night. Stopping over thurs and fri night heading home Saturday via the black forest ferry home to hull Monday eve. Might hook up with Mark first night in France what site have you booked?

Booked into here Buckit https://www.pitchup.com/campsites/france/picardie/somme/peronne/camping_le_brochet/

Will be having a 5 am start from Prestatyn, so will hopefully be at the Tunnel by 12 ish. Booked onto 14:20 train, but will hopefully squeeze on an earlier train. Plan on avoiding motorways when ever possible in France and Germany. Give me a call or drop me a text on 07791990249 if you want to meet up/travel together.

Mark

I’ll be there Friday late afternoon all being well. Planning a meet up in beer tent if anyone’s interested.
I’m travelling on the Hull/Rotterdam ferry & do Autobahn to arrive Munich on Thursday night, I do like a night out in Munich

Been watching the forecast looking like thunderstorms from Wednesday through to Sunday Garmisch area although only 25% chance of rain. Day time temps up to 32c not a good outlook for camping so having a change of plan will give it a miss this year. Have a good trip those going have a beer or two for me.

Back
Top Bottom