GoPro Hero 5 Session

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoff

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am considering a hero 5 session and gopro smart remote.
Gopro state that the smart remote turns the camera on/off, takes videos and stills.
I have a GoPro camera fitting at the bottom of the screen so it has to be operated remotely.
I was wondering if anybody has tested the set up and could let me know their opinion of it before I go spending cash.
TIA
Paul

I can't give you any info in regards the remote. But I just bought one from John Lewis for 139.00 inc a 2yr warranty.
But Im also considering the remote as well, lets see what feedback comes from your post. :thumby:

I have the session and love it but don't need the remote as the camera is always at arms length so it's not a problem turning it on and off. The little feed back I do have is, that when using the remote you have to turn the connection off before you shut it down, if not the bt/wifi still runs shortening the charge considerably.

Thanks for that I had not seen the comment about connection off before so cheers.
Might have to see if I can mount the beast where I can put my hands on it.

I have purchased a Hero 5 session and a smart remote so will now start to play with them.
For info the session came from John Lewis costing £139 (two year guarantee) and the Gopro smart remote from Ebay costing £58. Needless to say well pleased with the prices!!

There's a few places selling them now at around that price Hoff but getting a 2 year guarantee seems one of the best....Would be good know how you get on with the remote :beerjug:

When I have received them and had a good play I will come back wit an opinion on quality, simplicity, ease of use and battery life.
For info I purchased the session online and also got free delivery.

When I have received them and had a good play I will come back wit an opinion on quality, simplicity, ease of use and battery life.
For info I purchased the session online and also got free delivery.

Hope you bought it in the EU if it is coming from outside, get ready to start sending invoice and fiscal number and passport to Customs in Lisbon airport.

Thanks for that but I have been Portugal a few years now and know to avoid that route.
I bought it online in the UK with delivery to a UK address then post to me in Portugal!
Cheers

I received the items and now have the session 5 fitted in its frame to the front of the screen just above the headlamp.
The remote has been paired and connected to the camera and that's fitted up on the handlebars.
The remote does everything it should and initial impressions are all ok.
Further testing will have to wait as having buggered my knee riding is off the agenda for a bit.
A couple of points to note:
1. You can only pair the camera to the remote or the Gopro app but not both together
2. The editing software Quik for desktop is very basic and would certainly not suit everybody, I looked for Studio but it has apparently reached end of life and reports I read about it are not very complementary. I might have to teach myself iMovie (Mac user).
Once I am back on the bike I will come back with an assessment of battery life and ease of use of the setup.

Cheers Hoff for the info, please keep us updated especially on battery life....if as been said that the B/T keeps running even when the camera is off unless shut down before turning off.

GoPro Repairs

Can they be repaired? Does anybody know a place? Mines freezing/locking up every time I've tried the downloads and SD cards, hero3.

Sorry guys I meant this to be a new thread, Hijack someone else's. Mod can you move this please.

I have downsized to a F700GS so my trial has stopped, fortunately I can mount the Gopro in a much more favourable position on the new bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom