taller screen 1200 gsa 2013 hex head

flying haggis

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All
help required. I am 6 foot tall have the seat on the highest setting cos of bad knees and I am experiencing buffeting with the standard screen. looked at other posts on this forum and the Givi AF330 seems to be the weapon of choice BUT it appears they do not do one for the 2013 GSA. could anyone enlighten me as to what is available and from where?
Thanks in Advance

This is the MRA add-on one, I’m 6.3” and have a Touratech high saddle, and it’s spot on, it’s too good in the hot weather as get no wind at all

ecd04cbd499194b24707ce4982712ffe.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am 6ft and fitted a gsa screen to my hexhead Gs - if your getting buffeting
Try the screen on different positions - I usually run at one or 2 clicks down and no buffering - it’s about airflow and sometimes the highest setting is not always the best

thanks for the reply. does this affect your line of vision? I had thought of the add on originally but was worried about the line of vision. I will look it up now and if you could let me know what the vision is like I would appreciate it.

thanks for the reply. I did not try this one and it certainly is a cheaper option to start with I will experiment with this initially before parting with the hard earned!!

I'm a lot shorter and found the buffeting was intolerable. A clip on spoiler improved the situation but the sweet spot (comfortable area behind screen) was tiny. It also significantly affected the view ahead especially in rain.

The Givi AF330 solved these problems for me but for taller people - who knows(?). The movable top section can go high but I have no idea if the smoother airflow area is as good.

Try a Touratech screen extender. Brilliant piece of kit and works great.

+1 for this, fitted one on my 2011 GSA....I'm 6'3" and it works great for me, as for the line of vision question, you're focusing well ahead of it so I don't find it a problem. If you could borrow one to try I don't think you would be disappointed. Another upside is, if you buy one, it's easy to fit and remove so you can fit it on your next bike or sell it.

the problem is the AF330 is not available for my model. I have seen a lot of posts saying they were good but on ringing the supplier the 2009 to 2013 GSA are not catered for which seems odd as all other models are.

+1 for the mra xcreen....cracking mod. No buffeting, visor up riding and doesn’t obstruct the view. My view is that the height is not the differentiator here but the change of airflow hence I have mine on the lowest setting the arms allows....perfect.

6E61F5E8-24C3-4800-8886-D5158D51F4BD.jpg

the problem is the AF330 is not available for my model. I have seen a lot of posts saying they were good but on ringing the supplier the 2009 to 2013 GSA are not catered for which seems odd as all other models are.

If you compare the 2004 to 2009 bikes with 2010 to 2013, the screen supports are functionally identical. There’s no reason that an AF330 should not fit to any Hexhead 1200.

However the additional screen brace used on the Adventure cannot be used with the 330 and the plastic rear mounts will need to have the alignment “fingers” shortened. These usually get mangled anyway so again are no loss.

The AF330 does not need the additional support so again it’s no loss. Just store it away nearly with your Adv screen.

My one complaint with the AF330 is it’s relative lack of rigidity. Motorway turbulence causes it to wobble. I fixed it with stiffer (3mm aluminium) side supports and a cross brace tube at the top. It’s not a must-have but I prefer it with less wobble.

If I’m wrong. You will have wasted the return postage costs. Not a big risk tbh.

+1 for this, fitted one on my 2011 GSA....I'm 6'3" and it works great for me, as for the line of vision question, you're focusing well ahead of it so I don't find it a problem. If you could borrow one to try I don't think you would be disappointed. Another upside is, if you buy one, it's easy to fit and remove so you can fit it on your next bike or sell it.

Re this comment....When i was out the other evening the sun was low and the glare off the deflector was bad (covered in dead bugs) I sat lower in the seat which put the clamp for the deflector right in my line of vision.
I have to say i wouldn't like to ride with this as the norm, it was quite intrusive.....So if you were considering buying one it would be best to try one first. :thumby:

Back
Top Bottom