Mundesley accomodation

newbuild100

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Folks. I will be cycling up the East coast in late august/early september. Do any of you guys know of any cheap ish accomodation in the Mundesley area at all please (pref near a eating house) ? I have had a quick scan through Mr google and there doesnt appear to be any camping pods or hostels in the area, but wondered if you guys knew anywhere at all ??

Thanks in advance

Not that local to me but have been there several times, like a lot of the North Norfolk Coast it's been gradually "gentrified" so costs tend to rise with that, What was a tatty(ish) hotel on the Cliffs is now 5 star! I have used the local tourist information in the past to book ahead, I'm sure that could come up with some B&B's so I reckon this would be worth a go. Cheers:beerjug:John B

You could go a bit further to here. https://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/yha-sheringham
Mundesley has a great beach, but the eateries and pubs are not great in my opinion. Sheringham has several good pubs and restaurants. My favourite is The Bank, Nepalese restaurant. Indian with a twist. The Thai is also excellent. If real ale is your thing the Wyndham Arms has the best selection with The Lobster a close second. They are within 100yards of each other. Sure you will have a great time. Norfolk isn’t all flat!

You could go a bit further to here. https://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/yha-sheringham
Mundesley has a great beach, but the eateries and pubs are not great in my opinion. Sheringham has several good pubs and restaurants. My favourite is The Bank, Nepalese restaurant. Indian with a twist. The Thai is also excellent. If real ale is your thing the Wyndham Arms has the best selection with The Lobster a close second. They are within 100yards of each other. Sure you will have a great time. Norfolk isn’t all flat!

I looked at sheringham YH but my skinny little legs wont take me that far on that particular day though im afraid (Ill go thru sheringham later in the week though !!)

There is a caravan park just on the northern Edge of Mundesley. Oherwise there’s the Royal Hotel or the Ship inn or the Manor Hotel. You can get a meal at any of those or there’s a chippy-cum-burger joint in the village centre and a Chinese takeaway up the road from the Manor hotel.

Cromer certainly has some camp sites and is nearer than Sheringham.

Have you tried air BnB?

Very near villages are Knapton, Trimingham, Giminham and Trunch.

I lived in Knapton before I moved to Scotland.

There is a caravan park just on the northern Edge of Mundesley. Oherwise there’s the Royal Hotel or the Ship inn or the Manor Hotel. You can get a meal at any of those or there’s a chippy-cum-burger joint in the village centre and a Chinese takeaway up the road from the Manor hotel.

Cromer certainly has some camp sites and is nearer than Sheringham.

Have you tried air BnB?

Very near villages are Knapton, Trimingham, Giminham and Trunch.

I lived in Knapton before I moved to Scotland.

Aye, ive tried Air/bnb etc and think i may have sussed somewhere in Bacton/Broomholm. I hope its not too hilly round there ?????:fiddle

Bacton? Say hello to the gas terminals for me ;)

Nice long uphill out of Bacton towards Mundesley as far as the northern boundary of the terminal complex (Paston).

Where are you staying after that? Holt is worth a visit but prolly not enough miles north.

Bacton? Say hello to the gas terminals for me ;)

Nice long uphill out of Bacton towards Mundesley as far as the northern boundary of the terminal complex (Paston).

Where are you staying after that? Holt is worth a visit but prolly not enough miles north.

Probably Kings lynn area Ithink

Back
Top Bottom