Aarrgghhhh. TFT with Sena 20 eve and iPhone and nav6

ricfrench

Reaction score
Ok, it’s now doing my head in.
Anyone know what to connect to what, it all wants to connect to everything.
Then some stuff doesn’t connect, some does, some works, some doesn’t:nenau
Thanks

TFT with Sena

I had similar problems with Sena 10s.

I had to delete the Sena from the list on my phone then do a factory reset on it. I connect my phone to the TFT then connect headset on the settings screen.

The sena then pairs with the TFT not the phone and all works as long as I switch the headset on before the bike.

It just connects automatically now.

I had similar problems with Sena 10s.

I had to delete the Sena from the list on my phone then do a factory reset on it. I connect my phone to the TFT then connect headset on the settings screen.

The sena then pairs with the TFT not the phone and all works as long as I switch the headset on before the bike.

It just connects automatically now.

+1. Most problems are caused because there is a BT conflict. Also if you have a Nav connected that will cause issues as well. Tons of threads about it on here. It will all play nicely on a 20s so delete everything and start again methodically

Yes the Nav is connected by cabling to the bike, but not to the TFT. It's how you get all the data from the ECU onto the nav screen. Don't assume that just because BMW supplied both with your bike that they will work together, because they don't! Just make sure BT is disabled for now on the Nav.

I know it's been mentioned several times, but double check your phone to make sure you 'forget' any previous pairing to the Sena, not just disconnect. It should now work. If it doesn't sounds like a trip to the dealer

Ta, I’ll try it out tomorrow. Still racking up my first 600 miles so if push comes to shove I can get a lesson when I take it for it’s first service

Ok.
So, phone and Sena to TFT, nav 6 already connected via cabling to bike/TFT so leave that out of the BT loop altogether?

Thats the jobbie ! :thumb2

DO NOT CONNECT TO THE NAV

Just one other tip. Always turn on the sena before the bike ....... Otherwise it sometimes wont connect.

Ok, Sena and phone connected nicely, music plays through Sena from phone, no voice prompts from sat nav and i was on my own so couldnt check the intercom, forgot to check the phone but had all the right indications.
So i guess I’m half way there, could do with the voice prompts too, its not ideal watching the nav

First you need to understand BMW have catered for you to use either the TFT or the Nav via BT not both.

That said new Sena’s can manage 2 different BT sources. What you need to do now is pair the nav with your headset on the GPS profile. For me with a SENA SLR that means entering configuration mode and tapping 3 times to pair with that channel. This should give you full functionality of the TFT and voice only on Nav. Do not pair your phone to the Nav! Or you will be back to square 1. Doing it this way means you won’t get the smart link extras that are available on the Nav.

My solution has been to use TFT for daily running around and then delete all pairings and set up the Nav so I get full functionality when on a trip.

Like I said BMW haven’t really integrated the 2, for now it is what it is, you just need to learn to work round it

Sorry to but in as I'm just setting mine up for the 1st time.
I used to just BT to the old bike via the nav and BT nav to phone. Can I still go this route then and use my phone via the nav as old. I usually never take the nav off the bike anyway.

BT is utter shite. Wouldn't happen with an Autocom/Starcom wired intercom. I had rider, pillion, satnav (inc BT phone connection to zumo), and PMR radio set up on a Starcom digital system and had no problems. Wish I still had it.

BT is utter shite. Wouldn't happen with an Autocom/Starcom wired intercom. I had rider, pillion, satnav (inc BT phone connection to zumo), and PMR radio set up on a Starcom digital system and had no problems. Wish I still had it.

It’s one of those things that’s great when it works,but proper shite when it’s playing up.

Woohoo.
Got it.
Sena not connected to phone.
Phone and Sena(phone channel 1)connected to TFT.
Sena 2nd phone channel connected to nav 6. Read the instructions carefully to access the 2nd channel!
Have Sena turned on before you fire up the bike, be prepared for gaps in music as it takes a couple of seconds to swap channels for media to satnav and back again. Intercom works on its own channel so that just works

Back
Top Bottom