Should i go back to an 1100/1150

chriswilliams

Reaction score
i recently sold my 1100gs as it was getting a bit long in the tooth and I fancied a change
I bought myself a really nice Anniversary twin Cam and its definitely a bit more refined but it doesnt float my boat the same
Should I stick with it and hope it grows on me or look around for a nice 1150 ?
Anyone here had the same experience ?

Chris

I want to buy a new pair of shoes . Does anyone know what size I should get.

10 I reckon ( oh and buy an LC, I’ve had an 1100,1150 and 1200 oil head so I know)

i recently sold my 1100gs as it was getting a bit long in the tooth and I fancied a change
I bought myself a really nice Anniversary twin Cam and its definitely a bit more refined but it doesnt float my boat the same
Should I stick with it and hope it grows on me or look around for a nice 1150 ?
Anyone here had the same experience ?

Chris

Felt the same when after 9 years I chopped my r1150gs in for a new 2011 r1200gsa , didn't gel at first until I fitted Maxton shocks and decent tyres then it was a cracking bit of kit .............. should never have sold it as it was so much more sorted than its replacement a new 2014 r1200gsa te Beta Test Special

I just sold a 12GSA and I’ve gone back to an 1150GSA. Horses for courses!. The 12 was great, but I found it a bit insipid and uncomfortable for my Sasquatchesque body. As soon as I picked up the 1150GSA, I knew I’d done the right thing going back. I’m not ruling out an LC in the future though.

I've a very nice low mileage 18,500 1100 for sale, only 3 owners inc me from new, 1997 R

I had my 1150 for 12 years never let me down then I “upgraded” to 1200 what a complete piece of crap that was I spent more time plugging it in than riding it lucky I never sold the 1150 still got it never misses a beat and if something does need doing on it it’s simple to fix and loads of cheap parts around. So yes I would go back !

I had my 1150 for 12 years never let me down then I “upgraded” to 1200 what a complete piece of crap that was I spent more time plugging it in than riding it lucky I never sold the 1150 still got it never misses a beat and if something does need doing on it it’s simple to fix and loads of cheap parts around. So yes I would go back !

Whilst all these newer GS 1200 bikes are under warranty, there’s not to much to worry about, but I do wonder how big the bills will be once all the electronic witchcraft stuff fails and they are out of warranty.

Contemplating a 1200TC next year but I'll be keeping my 75k mile 1150GSA as well , I like the 1150 so much that I now have 2 :D

I made my mind up ....... the 1200 is going and I now have an 03 1150
Surprised how hard it is to find a nice one at reasonable money so I paid what I thought was a lot for this 25k miles bike but glad i did :)

This is my new Gs ... my 1200 and my trusty old 1100

Attachments

• nel 2.jpg
    nel 2.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 361
  • New 1150.jpg
    New 1150.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 346
  • new gs.jpg
    new gs.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 333
I made my mind up ....... the 1200 is going and I now have an 03 1150
Surprised how hard it is to find a nice one at reasonable money so I paid what I thought was a lot for this 25k miles bike but glad i did :)

Great choice, funnily enough it’s identical to mine. :marc

back to the best colour Chris.:rob
I f you need another tool tube or two you know where to come:augie

Back
Top Bottom