Nav VI question...

No a2dp is only for one but if you have a Cardo packtalk you can share due to audio share from the main unit

Why would you need that - Back seat driver?

She likes to know where we are going etc. and she wants to listen to the same media as me... You want to try arguing with her!

We are on Sena units. Had Cardo - Wasn't impressed and it wouldn't cross connect to friends Sena kit

The nave unit will only connect to one unit to get audio streaming you need to pair another unit to the main headset and set up audio streaming

The Sena headsets I had (SMH5) will do music sharing, but do not share nav instructions.

I also wanted the nav instructions to go to both me and my wife, as it is quite useful to have us both aware of where we need to turn, with two heads being better than one in the case of dubious or ambiguous instructions, and also in case I haven't caught an instruction due to being distracted by a riding situation.

Something I tried was to tap into the audio output from the Nav V (the spare unused plug on the cable when fitted to the GS) and use this to plug into a cheap standalone BlueTooth stereo transmitter and pair my wife's Sena to that while mine was paired to the Nav itself. The problem I found was that Garmin seem to have decided to only output audio when Bluetooth on the satnav is disabled. To get around this I would have had to turn off BlueTooth on the Nav V and fit two external BlueTooth transmitters and split the audio feed from the Nav to drive them both.

I gave up on this as it would have been a bit messy to wire up and power two transmitters, plus the audio quality from the cheap transmitter I tried wasn't great and it seemed a bit iffy on reliably pairing. Also, there wasn't a great choice of BT transmitters which can be powered directly off 12V, most are either battery powered and have to be USB charged, or will only run off a USB adapter, so these would have been even more messy to install.

I've now gone retro and fitted an Autocom Logic unit which solves this problem - more info here if you are interested: http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/484616-I-ve-decided-to-go-all-retro-and-fit-an-Autocom!

Fred

Back
Top Bottom