Auto tripmeter

GWJ

Reaction score
How do I reset the Auto Trip meter which is displayed in Nav V 'My Motorcycle' view?

I think it's one of the more useful features if only I could get it to work.

I believe it has to be done with the Nav V off it's cradle, but I can't suss out how.

Thanks

Doesn’t it just re-set to zero automatically, when the bike hasn’t been used for x number of hours; eight or something like that?

I previously had Auto Tripmeter on an RT which displayed this info on its own dash (as opposed to using the Nav V screen) and that reset overnight.

But on (and off) my 2017 GSA it doesnt reset itself. Is it just me or is this another Garmin gremlin?

I've never understood why the trip computer (as shown below) isn't part of the standard Nav V screens you can scroll through with the thumb wheel :confused:

On mine you have to access it via the Nav V itself, then you lose it if you scroll sideways to another screen.

tc_1.jpg

I suppose it's all incorporated in this screen so not needed -

my_moto.jpg

Starting the engine has reset it. Previously I turned on the ignition only and it didnt reset. Ho hum.

Yup, after something like eight hours after the engine was last run, typically overnight. It needs the impetuous of the engine firing, to restart the clock and to zero the counter.

Back
Top Bottom