Vacuum take off plug?

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is there a vacuum take off on the Xco anywhere please? I am struggling to work out where to plug the vacuum pipe into for the Scotty Oiler.

You could get a Tutoro oiler which doesn't require a vacuum take off.

Otherwise you will probably have to drill into the inlet manifold and fit a vacuum spigot.

There isn't one. Ring them and they'll send you a spigot to put into the rubber inlet manifold. It's a faff to do.

One spigot tube is on its way! When I get back from Madeira (work trip, all paid for!) I shall set about fitting the oiler and the new chain & sprockets that are sat here awaiting the oiler to be fitted.

Scot didn’t recommend the idea but the oilers can be fitted to the front sprocket on the underside. That gives more time for the oil to seep into the chain before it gets thrown off by the back sprocket.

I did this on an MZ 250 which ate ordinary chains in about 10,000 miles. They were not expensive to replace but the job is a pain in the arse and very messy.
A half worn chain, with the front mounted oiler, never needed another adjustment and was still going fine 17,000 miles later when I sold the bike.

Doing it that way gives a shorter vertical feed tube that feeds very consistently and lets you put the oiler unit by the headstock where you can see if it’s feeding correctly. They are prone to dump the lot in 100 miles.
If you change your mind just fit additional tubes to feed oil at the back end.

Back
Top Bottom