RHS Throttle Body not returning to idle when throttle closed, any suggestions please?

tyclyd

Gary
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all, bit of advice please?

Been using the CRF1000 as my daily commuter so my 2002 165,000 mile R1150GSA only covered 2500 miles last year but bike is still as great as ever.

MOT today was fine but the RHS throttle body is sticking open intermittently – that is it will open fine when the throttle is twisted but does not return to the close / idle position always.

It’s not the fuel, the throttle cable is seated correctly and it is not fouling on the fuel pipe – it like a spring is slack or missing?

Any ideas please?

Is there a return spring inside the throttle body, just thinking on my feet here but having dropped from 10,000 miles a year to just 2500 a year on the GS, I am wondering if the inners of the throttle body could be a bit gummed up its fuel residue. They were ultrasonic and cleaned by Steve Scimmnger but that was a fair few years ago...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine was idling a bit too fast many years ago. Turns out that a piece of grit had got wedged in the throttle cable drum, that's what Steptoe said anyway.

I have had grit caught in the cable groove before, fairly easy to diagnose, its like the throttle cables are not seated properly.

I have a similar problem, I am re-assembling my 1100S and the RHS TB closes properly and fine when the cable is not attached, but when the cable is attached, doesnt return to the stop. cable feels smooth.

Havent had opportunity to look at it yet

Back
Top Bottom