I wanna be straight

cartimandua

Reaction score
Hi, all. I'm new to this forum but not BMWs having owned a few in the past (including a nearly lethal ex-police R80-but thats another story). I've got myself a nice R1150 GS which needs a bit of fixing up. I'm on top of all the repairs (left sided, low speed drop)......................but the steering lock stop on the right is slightly dented where the bars went over that way. i'm aware of the lock stop products on the market but i want to repair it. Is this possible/easy/recommended/how do I go about it? I'll have another closer look at it today in case I've missed anything else in the steering region. It felt very good on the way home the other day (a 70 mile ride) so i don't think anything is bent in the steering department. All help appreciated.

I'm prepared to be shot down for this, but I believe any damage to the lock stops is an MoT failure anyway :blast

Thanks but I intend to repair it anyway. I've just found a crack in the gearbox casing (caused by the footrest pivot) and the alloy lug (for the steering stop) has broken off from under the top yoke. Onwards and upwards!!!

Back
Top Bottom