Makes me grin

snaponphil

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Went out the other day with a couple of guys who have regular GsWc & a range of alternative R9T’s
Sat down for a coffee ( I know not where as I was lost) but somewhere near Donnington Park.
Someone piped up they’re more ‘Fun’ than any other bike they’ve been on.

Anyway, went for a gentle run on my Gs Rallye as I’m getting ready for a 3k mile trip to Garmisch & the Alps & Pyrenees, back home I got my Turban out, visited my mother, sat at hers drinking coffee, remembered what Martin had said earlier in the week about the ‘Fun’ bit, I agree.!

If you haven’t ridden one, get on one today for at least an hour, great little bikes.

I just came back from a 5 day/2000 mile trip and have to agree with you.I also have a LC-GS which is a great bike but after 35 years of bikes and riding I must admit the R Nine T is the funnest bike I ever rode...:thumby:
It's even comfortable and a real backroad weapon as long as the asphalt is smooth.
I would buy it again...I always knew it looked and sounded good and had lots of character.
But after the trip I was surprised how sporty it was and also all day comfortable if you don't mind foldimg your knees a little bit...:D
I love my 2016 R Nine T !
With Hepco-Becker Yourney bags/top case,Wunderlich Trophy fairing,tubeless wheels and Ohlin$$$ suspension even more...;)

I just came back from a 5 day/2000 mile trip and have to agree with you.I also have a LC-GS which is a great bike but after 35 years of bikes and riding I must admit the R Nine T is the funnest bike I ever rode...:thumby:
It's even comfortable and a real backroad weapon as long as the asphalt is smooth.
I would buy it again...I always knew it looked and sounded good and had lots of character.
But after the trip I was surprised how sporty it was and also all day comfortable if you don't mind foldimg your knees a little bit...:D
I love my 2016 R Nine T !
With Hepco-Becker Yourney bags/top case,Wunderlich Trophy fairing,tubeless wheels and Ohlin$$$ suspension even more...;)

Sounds like you had fun..
I live in Pothole heaven & defo need a suspension upgrade, I went to Spain last year & rode smooth asphalt for 800 miles, not all in one go but after 9 hour riding days around the rwistie mountain roads I had leg chafe. Seat was pretty comfy tho, I believe the Scrambler isn’t quite so padded.

With Ohlins suspension upgrades the R Nine T's with 17 inch front wheels handle great.The Scrambler and GS does not steer as quick.But there is no denying that due to the low riding position / little spring travel on the rear bumpy roads are the R 9 T's kryptonite...An ESA from the factory would be a great option for the R 9 T. Set it hard and sporty on smooth roads and relatively soft on bumpy ones.But on smooth roads the R 9 T is simpy a "superbike slayer" even if it does not look like it...:thumby:

@ Ding-Dong;but only in city traffic.On a open & twisty back road your KTM sees the taillight of the BMW but only for a very short time...:D

Back
Top Bottom