TDM 900 - Whaddaya think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatScot

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All,

Got an option to buy a TDM 900 in very good nick at a good price. I haven't ridden one but they seem to get a pretty good write-up. I'm just looking for something for occasional and relaxed days out (two-up, I hope) as I'm selling my GSA having decided to give up touring abroad and far afield. I've got a Street Triple for more exciting solo rides so the TDM would be for a bit of sightseeing and not for out and out hooning!

Happy to hear from anyone with a bit of experience on a TDM.

Thanks in advance. :beerjug:

If it’s as good and as cheap as you say, go for it. You always see them with high mileage’s, that tells you something.
I’ve owned the 850,ridden the 900 and they’re a vastly underrated machine. :thumb2

If it’s as good and as cheap as you say, go for it. You always see them with high mileage’s, that tells you something.
I’ve owned the 850,ridden the 900 and they’re a vastly underrated machine. :thumb2

Thanks for that, Davy. Underrated suits me fine - keeps the prices low.

Great bike and under-rated. There's an easy air box mod you can do which improves the fueling and sorts of the low speed lumpiness of the motor. Nice and comfy for distances and you can get OEM bigger screen which also helps.

Great allround bikes, I've test ridden/nearly bought both 850s & 900 TDMs over the years but never taken the plunge for some reason, one of those bikes that could be brilliant but just not quite there (IMHO), punchy motor & good on fuel.

If its good & cheap enough theres certainly no reason not to :)

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Had one for about 5 yrs very underrated. Excellent bike with few isssues, cheap,to run/ service and very torquey motor. Give it a test ride and if you like it buy it, no reason it won’t do euro tours either.

WERE underrated in this country- not anymore and never were on the continent. If it’s been well looked after and at a good price, imho, buy it.

My wife had one for 10 years, from new, never missed a beat. Build quality was excellent, original chain and sprocket lasted 24K miles with a scotoiler.

She changed to an F800gs to do some continental trails but found the TDM better - even on road tyres!!!

When I went to Rhodes on holiday these TDM 900 and Varaderos were absolutely everywhere. Must be popular for a reason.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Lots of positive input there, so thanks for that. I've never noticed them on the road but I do remember seeing lots of Varaderos in Europe, especially in Greece a few years back. But I'm not looking for "eye-catching" or "bags of character" so sounds like it could be a good choice.

Davy F - I see you went for the matching jacket and helmet colour scheme! Cool :aidan

I had one for a few years, only problem was the exhaust at the manifold can snap - new uns are pricy and the shit metal makes em tough to weld - make sure the headers are sound.... apart from that great bikes. ( If a bit dull......Nick named TeeDeeEmm - Tedium)

Did a 3000 mile tour round Europe - son rode the TDM most of the way and me on an 1150R. Went like a dream and even survived a drop on a dirt road without any damage!
08655e964fb070addca913073bcb8c5e.jpg

Handled dirt tracks happily!
f0a5b9c80f0b0ce52b733f74bd3f5ce2.jpg

The inevitable queueing
bf5452db09b413bfa2022eb468fd4dbb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom