Lost all electrical power R1150GS 2003

jbr9990

Reaction score
So I have been replacing the air filter so had the tank propped up for access.
Replaced the tank as usual. Bike starts but runs rough a few times because I have dislodged the throttle cable a little.
Relocated the throttle cable correctly. bike running fine then suddenly it dies.
I now have no ignition lights and no power at all. Feels like I have blown a fuse or something. Any help appreciated

May be worth checking the wiring loom where it goes along the headstock. It was a known issue with these where the loom was too tightly tired with tie wraps. This was subject to either a recall or dealer check back in the day.

May be worth checking the wiring loom where it goes along the headstock. It was a known issue with these where the loom was too tightly tired with tie wraps. This was subject to either a recall or dealer check back in the day.

I was thinking the same thing. Just happened to me!

Thanks. Will do!
It has just sprung back to life. Running fine.
Must be a short circuit in the wiring somewhere as you suggested.
Thanks

The base of the ignition switch is often the area where the wires can break due to being too tightly tied to the frame. If its running now cut all the cable ties holding the wires (worth doing in any event) and give the wires at the base of the switch a little wiggle.

Just had this with mine, turned key absolutely feck all (what makes it worse is it was fine before I cut the cable ties round the headstock) Wiggled the ignition wires and got some lights up but battery appears to be almost totally flat (3 week old Motobatt) Any suggestions as to the flat battery welcome (bike only been stood for 2 weeks:blast)

Back
Top Bottom