Mechanic in Essex/N or E London

Cyrus

Reaction score
Hi, my '95 1100GS needs a new clutch. Any recommendations in the Essex region, north or east London?

Clutch amazingly held out for quite a long time due to relaxed riding style but has now given up the ghost. Just going to replace with a standard clutch kit but any comments on the longer spline theory?

Russ at Beemerbikes, South Woodford.

Hi, my '95 1100GS needs a new clutch. Any recommendations in the Essex region, north or east London?

Clutch amazingly held out for quite a long time due to relaxed riding style but has now given up the ghost. Just going to replace with a standard clutch kit but any comments on the longer spline theory?

Think the longer spline was only for the 1150 ..why just the standard clutch kit ? If your going in there you may as well fit an uprated/better/long lasting one ..jus curious ��

Thanks for the tips everybody.

West coast gser: Won't worry about the splines then! I thought the standard clutch would be ok - what's the difference? I've had a quote for just under £500 to fit and replace standard one.

Steptoe would be my choice but he is a bit of a distance away from you. Motoscot in Luton are well worth a look - they rebuilt my 1150 a few years ago for good money. Based just off the M1 and do have courtesy bikes available. Other option is to do it yourself - it's not too bad a job just takes a lot of time!

I regularly use Mobitec (07779-528715). Pat will come and pick the bike up and bring it back when he has finished. My 2012 Rallye is running very sweetly.

Good luck,

Path.

I hate to say it but from our experience Pat at Mobitec is responsible for one of the worst experiences we've ever had! As a friend in the industry put it... 'there's a reason he was fired from BMW'! Don't become another victim of Pat Keenan!

I hate to say it but from our experience Pat at Mobitec is responsible for one of the worst experiences we've ever had! As a friend in the industry put it... 'there's a reason he was fired from BMW'! Don't become another victim of Pat Keenan!
You appear to be on a little crusade to blight every thread mentioning Mobitec/Pat Keenan. A little more explanation or evidence or perhaps a thread of your own detailing your experience may prevent you looking like a whinging twat.

Back
Top Bottom