2018/19 Adv helmets with drop down visor

With the XD1 the peak is easily removable and looks good IMO without it ;)
I used my XD1 without the peak......it was a beautiful helmet but for some reason I just didn't get on with it and I sold it on.

Sent from a U11

Ive got a scorpion ADX-1

Nice lid, came with Inner drop down tinted dark visor & pinlock ready & pinlock visor

Niggles -

Like any peaked lid, gets a bit buffeted by heavy crosswinds - The givi screen takes care of the fwd stuff

The main visor has a pretty large gap on the first open setting,

would have preferred a smaller opening when you just want to crack it.

That said, with the inner visor down, you can run with the clear visor up with no problems

One of the visor side screws fell out. bit of a pain, but scorpions UK distributer sent me a load of spares once i got in touch

Does anyone know if there’s a new Tour X in the pipeline? It would be handy if they did one with a quick release peak, for ease of changing visors quickly.

My tour x3 has reached the end of life with broken vents and a load of scuffs and was holding off buying an X4 as I thought there must be a new version coming out as it’s been around for ages but Arai announced their 2019 line up and it’s just some new colours for the X4.

My tour x3 has reached the end of life with broken vents and a load of scuffs and was holding off buying an X4 as I thought there must be a new version coming out as it’s been around for ages but Arai announced their 2019 line up and it’s just some new colours for the X4.

If you buy one, and I buy one, the Tour X-5 will be released two weeks later! :p

Has anyone heard of any new adventure style helmets coming soon with inner drop down tinted visors? I looked at the X-Lite and a couple of other last year, but the fit wasn’t right.

The Schuberth E1 seems to be a bit hit and miss on the reviews, so I’m hoping that Shoei or one of the other big brands will be releasing something soon? My Hornet Adv was a great helmet but didn’t have an inner drop down visor.

I've got an E1 as well as now 6 year old C3 Pro. Great lids for a short blast, couple hours maybe four. However, after few shakedown trips during summer, I found that on a longer trip (my mad dash to north Wales (514 miles in one day) the ratchet strap was putting to much pressure on my Addams apple and since I wear glasses there was to much pressure between padding and my ears that caused for pressure points from the arms of my glasses.

Consequently, before setting off on a trip to Italy, I bought an Arai QV and a separate ProShade (external flip down sun glasses/visor). Great lid with excellent ventilation, DD ring strap, albeit overall louder than E1/C3 Pro.
The overall set up was good, but a pain in the arse if you wanted to ride through town with the visor up a couple of notches to let in more airflow, as sun shade is attached to the outside of the visor and is moving up together with the main visor. It isn't all that tall either, so ended up giving you that irritating split vision syndrome.
Consequently, I ended up riding with my polarised prescription sunglasses on instead and swapping over to normal glasses when the sun wasn't shining. This in it self, besides having to stop and swap over to normal glasses, has presented another issue. Because they are polarised, I was unable to see anything on the screen of my NAV6, unless I tilted my head/chin forward, meaning I could see the NAV6, but not where I was going. :blast So irritating all round.

This is where I am thinking this next option might be helpful to you.

So I ended up spending my £20 Infinity Motorcycles voucher on a genuine Arai fitment photochromatic pinlock (reacts to how bright the outdoors are and will go darker accordingly). I couldn't tell you if it is any good, as I have not even fitted it yet not have I ridden my bike with Arai lid on due to benefits of a flip front that E1 does provide on a day to day pottering about that I do.

AFAIK: I think that currently there is some great deal to be had on C3/E1 range, but they aren't without their own issues. Schuberth's own "pinlock is crap and you will end up having to buy a proper one instead. The sunshade has broken on my E1 twice and once on my C3 Pro. The clip in part of the shade is a weak spot. Never the less, on all occasions, new sunshade was installed by supplying store free of charge on the day of complaint being raised.

I had the nexx xd1, they are a decent lid but I found I was getting quite bad neck strain after a long day riding, probably due to the peak. For that reason I've bought my first flip front lid in the form of AGV carbon modular, and it is the best lid I've ever had, I love it. Obviously not an adventure style but a light quality helmet all the same

It is a reasonable cost lid but after trying one on, I ended up rejecting it as fit was awfull for my head shape.

Does anyone know if there’s a new Tour X in the pipeline? It would be handy if they did one with a quick release peak, for ease of changing visors quickly.

Agree, curent set up is a pita and the only reason why I, held back from buying it. It is a cold lid though, having had one to test ride on a GSA. allot of air comes in around the chin area from the underside. great in the summer but probably to cold in the cooler times of the year.

I’ve just bought a tour x 4 and become a honda near full kit wanchor (its the AT version). I use a c3 pro daily and this is my 1st non schuberth lid in about 10 years. It’s much lighter a better fit and you can see it’s a quality bit of kit, you can also buy a light sensitive pinlock for it. What I don’t like is the visor when opened doesn’t seem to lift high enough which I find distracting. If you buy a Sena 10u. It will only fit smaller helmets. Off topic but I bought the custom fit earbuds with Bluetooth instead. Overall I’m very happy with it and it was still cheaper online than Motorcycle live.

I think I’ll go back to an X4. Has anyone seen any decent deals on the break orange? Or any discount codes?

Has anyone heard of any new adventure style helmets coming soon with inner drop down tinted visors? I looked at the X-Lite and a couple of other last year, but the fit wasn’t right.

The Schuberth E1 seems to be a bit hit and miss on the reviews, so I’m hoping that Shoei or one of the other big brands will be releasing something soon? My Hornet Adv was a great helmet, but didn’t have an inner drop down visor.
I tried on an Airoh Commander at the bike show. Due in the shops in February. Has drop down sun visor. Seemed light and a quality bit of kit... Around £275 I think...

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

The Touratech is Carbon Fibre I think.......the NEXX uses a less exotic composite.

(I think)

Sent from a U11

Correct. And the old model reduced to £275 on the Touratech site. Limited sizes available. I'm thinking of getting another while they are so cheap.
I wear glasses and my glasses are reactolite so not as much of an issue having no drop down visor.

Flip-up ADV lid on the way from Nexx; with peak and internal sun visor...

https://www.nexx-helmets.com/en/helmets/x-vilijord/

X.VILIJORD_PLAIN_WHITE_LATERAL-1-768x768.png

Back
Top Bottom