2018/19 Adv helmets with drop down visor

Nutty

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of any new adventure style helmets coming soon with inner drop down tinted visors? I looked at the X-Lite and a couple of other last year, but the fit wasn’t right.

The Schuberth E1 seems to be a bit hit and miss on the reviews, so I’m hoping that Shoei or one of the other big brands will be releasing something soon? My Hornet Adv was a great helmet, but didn’t have an inner drop down visor.

I’ve got the Nexx with a drop down visor. It fits well, quite like a Schuberth fit, is light and pretty well made.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve tried on several lids of different makes recently with drop down inner visors. I didn’t like any of them....I’ll stick with my illegal tinted visor.

I’ve tried on several lids of different makes recently with drop down inner visors. I didn’t like any of them....I’ll stick with my illegal tinted visor.

That’s what I’ve found, so far. Trouble with an adv style lid is it’s a faff to take the peak off to change the tinted visor. I’m hoping there will be some new options soon

That’s what I’ve found, so far. Trouble with an adv style lid is it’s a faff to take the peak off to change the tinted visor. I’m hoping there will be some new options soon

I looked for the same nutty and wished the hornet came with a visor but told it’s not going to happen. I tried, bought and sent back the NEXX due to quality issues and looked at others. I finally ended up with the E1 purchased for a decent price at the NEC bike show. The noticeable difference of all that I tried was the massive differences in quality and of course that was a result of price.

That's a bit budget for my bonce!:D

And loud, from reading the reviews.

I looked for the same nutty and wished the hornet came with a visor but told it’s not going to happen. I tried, bought and sent back the NEXX due to quality issues and looked at others. I finally ended up with the E1 purchased for a decent price at the NEC bike show. The noticeable difference of all that I tried was the massive differences in quality and of course that was a result of price.

How are you getting on with the E1? I've heard some very mixed reviews about it, and the early ones are meant to be poor quality.

I have an E1 and am pretty happy with it.

The only "problem" I have with it is that the peak vibrates a bit at speed on my SA-S with the shorty Puig screen.
I think the issue is more the screen than the lid and I'm going to experiment with alternatives.

I saw a positive review in one of those magazine "long term" tests of the Scorpion recently.

If I had a time machine I think I'd look at that one side by side with the Schuberth and decide if the E1 justifies the extra cost...

I had an ordinary Scorpion for a year. Poor quality, couldn't have the visor open just a smidge, poor venting. Wouldn't have another.

That's a bit budget for my bonce!:D

And loud, from reading the reviews.

How are you getting on with the E1? I've heard some very mixed reviews about it, and the early ones are meant to be poor quality.

Nutty, I took a gamble with it. My wife has the c3 pro and with the nose air vent open I thought it was noisy, but build quality great. At the NEC show I mentioned this and one dealer said if you think that is noisy, the E1 will be worse. Far from it. Actually because it has the chin vent, I shut the nose vent down which makes the noise, and it’s perfect. What’s more surprising, I don’t have any problem with the peak vibrating. Ok it’s not as comfy as the Hornet but given it’s a flip, has the visor and the peak i’m Really pleased. I paid £350 for it, I would have to think again if it was £500+

I have a Touratech one and love it, I don’t find it too noisy I’ve just done a few 400 miles days on it on a XC.

I have a Touratech one and love it, I don’t find it too noisy I’ve just done a few 400 miles days on it on a XC.

I had one for a while, OK lid. They're cheaper now I believe. Based on Schuberth E1 but look better IMHO. Just didn't suit my head and never got comfy. Gone back to Arai now and will stick with them.

Trouble with an adv style lid is it’s a faff to take the peak off to change the tinted visor.

No need to change to a clear visor if you carry a pair of goggles with you. When the light fades, flip up the dark visor, don the goggles and ride off into the sunset.

I use an E1 everyday, but when I’m in holiday I tend to grab my Arai RX7GP, still my favourite, difficult to justify having two very expensive lids so when the Arai is finished I will probably just use an E1

Some good options here. I’ll try the E1, typically the colour I want is the most expensive (orange) :blast

Attachments

• 79AAC324-EEC9-44E6-A6E1-7DDC9352FA67.jpg
    79AAC324-EEC9-44E6-A6E1-7DDC9352FA67.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 403

Back
Top Bottom