Yep another tyre thread but important

The OP has a point. The Anakees are very noisy. If you didn't know better, you would think it was the bike...

@fredaroony;you asked the best street tire for the GS according to who ?
According to me a guy who rides hard and gets his pegs down on a 17 GS-ADV set on 2-up/hard despite beeing not fat...:D
RoadAttack3 is currently the best street tire for the LC-GS when you want traction and quick steering,trust me...:thumb
The Anakee is probably the worst.The new Road 5 wears quick I hear.Same the Bridgestones that are neither quick steering nor particularly fun to ride and wear their sides way too quick.
PST2,MR01,DR3 are not bad either but the Conti tops them all if you just want to have fun !

@fredaroony;you asked the best street tire for the GS according to who ?
According to me a guy who rides hard and gets his pegs down on a 17 GS-ADV set on 2-up/hard despite beeing not fat...:D
RoadAttack3 is currently the best street tire for the LC-GS when you want traction and quick steering,trust me...:thumb
The Anakee is probably the worst.The new Road 5 wears quick I hear.Same the Bridgestones that are neither quick steering nor particularly fun to ride and wear their sides way too quick.
PST2,MR01,DR3 are not bad either but the Conti tops them all if you just want to have fun !

Dunno, I can get my pegs down on the Roadtec 01 as well. Maybe that makes them the best tyre then :)

@ Carlosfandango;obviously you have not ridden the new Road Attack 3 hard otherwise you would have noticed how much better they are than the Michelins...much quicker steering and more traction especially if you plan another trackday.The RA3 is the best tire currently for the GS for that...On the street the Pirelli ST2 is almost as good as the Conti but last's a little longer.Longest lasting tire so far on the GS-LC.Got 7500 miles out of them...:thumby:

I feel you may be right, the Anakees were making me ride more cautiously, I’m still getting used to the different style needed for these adventure bikes, the more miles I put on the RA3’s the better they feel. I had a lovely run out yesterday, you can be more aggressive with them and they grip with confidence

Back
Top Bottom