Yep another tyre thread but important

snaponphil

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Eventually bought a 2017 Rallye June 2017, liked the bike so much I put up with the road noise emanating from the cockpit area, it came with Michelin Anakee 3’s, now I’m a big fan of Michelin, from early adverts the Michelin Mx or even the X tyre, it was advertised as going round the world twice, (when I was young I didn’t know how far that was but it sounded good)..
Anyway, back to the GsWc & the GSA Wc, I live quite local the Marshals Bmw, (at the time it was Astle’s) tried the then new camo model loan bike, so I hopped off my early GsWc went for a ride, 20 minutes was enough for me, couldn’t understand how shit it was, the road noise was unbearable, which I put down to the new GSA beak style at the time.
Well today I replaced my nearly worn out Anakee 3’s with Continental Trial Attack 2’s, WOW, what a difference, NO road noise, transformed the bike, here’s a lesson to dealers, don’t spend time arguing with customers over road noise on demo bikes, spend the £210 to change the tyres, you’ll sell more bikes..

I would like to point out the staff at Marshall’s Bmw have changed & now they are real people & ive tried them again & great guys & ladies..

I still don’t understand the problem with a bit of tire noise :nenau

Anakees are good tires, plenty of grip and last well

I’ve had noise from different tires and different bikes and it’s never bothered me in the slightest but I guess each to their own

You’re on a motorbike, it’s noisy :rob

Earplugs... what noise?

But important..........:blast as if this has not been said a million times, it really is not difficult, you do not like tyres then change them, it is the only thing between you and the road, I have A3,s not the best I admit a tad slippy, but maybe that is just my riding skills are not the best, who knows.

The only important part of this is you now know what we have known for ages.

My dealer has always changed the tyres FOC before I took delivery of my bikes, as long as the tyres hadn’t been used on the road

My 2016 GSA came with Anakee 3 tires, prompting me during one of the first rides to ask myself what that noise was. Once I established the source, I became accustomed to this sound. I like it since it comes across as a tank announcing an imminent arrival. When cruising in a higher gear at low speed and the engine sounds is muffled, the noise from the Anakees makes your presence heard. Never thought I would consider tire noise a feature, but I do now !

I’ve just changed my Anakee’s for Conti Road Attack 3, mainly on the recommendation of this forum. Verdict after 1000 miles? Not much difference from the Anakee3’s which is testament to how good they actually were. Conti’s are good, quieter but this did not bother me with the last set. Just not a massive improvement as I hoped. Fully loaded with gear I still get a slight vagueness in the front end at speed (+85mph) nothing serious and it does not get worse. Wearing well so far. I did a track day on the Anakees and they did not let me down at all. The Contis do seem to track road imperfections worse than the Anakees but this doesn’t affect my confidence in them. Conclusion? Contis are a very good tyre, and seem to get better the more miles I put on them. no complaints at all, just not a step change from Anakees and were quite expensive at £260 fitted.

I didn't understand what people meant about the Anakees being noisy until the OP referred to the thrashing crashing sound coming from the front end. That sound shocked me when coming from an RT and imoutnjt downnyo the GSA having less failing etc.

Last week I switched to Metzeler Road Tec 01. What a transformation. The noise has gone and my confidence in the tyres is in a different league. No chicken strips after 200 miles is a first for me!

So, another vote here for anything other than Anarchys

My 2016 GSA came with Anakee 3 tires, ...

Hi Ravi, I see you’re back at the GSA after you had sold the K6 :thumb

My ‘18 MY GSA also. Had the Anakee’s replaced within 500 km. Dealer didn’t want to replace them before delivery, unless I paid for the new set, so I bought new tyres elsewhere and sold the Anakee’s to another LC rider.

@ Carlosfandango;obviously you have not ridden the new Road Attack 3 hard otherwise you would have noticed how much better they are than the Michelins...much quicker steering and more traction especially if you plan another trackday.The RA3 is the best tire currently for the GS for that...On the street the Pirelli ST2 is almost as good as the Conti but last's a little longer.Longest lasting tire so far on the GS-LC.Got 7500 miles out of them...:thumby:

I’m glad u asked u obviously missed it...
IT STOPPED ME BUYING MORE BMW’s

If you're here telling us it's purely the tyres that ruined the bike you tested, why would you then let that put you off the bike itself (or, as you put it, more BMWs)?

@ Carlosfandango;obviously you have not ridden the new Road Attack 3 hard otherwise you would have noticed how much better they are than the Michelins...much quicker steering and more traction especially if you plan another trackday.The RA3 is the best tire currently for the GS for that...On the street the Pirelli ST2 is almost as good as the Conti but last's a little longer.Longest lasting tire so far on the GS-LC.Got 7500 miles out of them...:thumby:

According to who?

Back
Top Bottom