Charging a BMW Communication System on a System 7 Helmet

I am looking at buying a System 7 carbon to replace my trusty but knackered system 6. I was wondering about the integrated helmet comms but after reading about your issues I think I shall remain with my Sena 20S as it is totally reliable, works with in-ear monitors, can be charged when in use and the jog dial or double tap are intuitive. Just a shame it sticks out like a carbunkle.

Go and buy a Shoei Neotec 2, sell your Sena 20S and buy the SRL version which was designed to fit in recesses in the Neotec 2 so all you have outside the helmet shell are the buttons.

For long days on the bike a small battery booster pack in my top pocket and a cable to the charging point under the back of the helmet means it’s job done. I’d forget I’d plugged it in to the bike and damage the plugs when I got off if I charged from the bike :blast

Two possible issues:

1) Already tried the Shoei Neotec 2, not that keen on it. Don’t like the fit or feel.
2) Does the comms module in the Shoei have a 3.5mm stereo output for in-ear monitors ? Is it dual Bluetooth V4.0 like the S20 or single channel and does it have FM radio ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two possible issues:

1) Already tried the Shoei Neotec 2, not that keen on it. Don’t like the fit or feel.
2) Does the comms module in the Shoei have a 3.5mm stereo output for in-ear monitors ? Is it dual Bluetooth V4.0 like the S20 or single channel and does it have FM radio ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the fit isn’t right then the second issue becomes somewhat irrelevant.

The BlueTooth is definitely V4.1 and it does have an FM radio though I tend to listen to Absolute radio using a phone app. 3.5mm stereo output I’m honestly not sure because it’s not something I needed.

I bought it because I was going to buy the older Neotec now they’ve been reduced in price but the new one has a few improvements and the SRL just fits into it so well I was hooked :D

Back
Top Bottom