Williams BMW Manchester

Ray Dougherty

Reaction score
I just want to share my experience with you all after buying a used GS from Williams Manchester back in December from a great down to earth no pressure sales guy Dave (forgot his surname but we shall go with Nut as i think Dave the Nut suits him perfectly). Since then I have been back for the bikes first service, valve clearence check & MOT - I dealt mostly with Stuart who is also a proper good guy and the things he will do for a dark choccy hobnob! (makes me blush just thinking about it).

I was initially concerned with getting an expensive brand like BMW but I really needn't have worried as the Williams Manchester dealership is more than happy to help with any matter even when I phoned up about the ABS light being on - it turned out that I had deactivated it and only needed to hold the ABS button to reactivate it (what a plonker).

I am a very happy new member of the "GS wankers" family and at only 38 I have a long GS future ahead of me...

Keep it upright and I will hopefully see you all out on the road! :thumby:

Ray

I just want to share my experience with you all after buying a used GS from Williams Manchester back in December from a great down to earth no pressure sales guy Dave (forgot his surname but we shall go with Nut as i think Dave the Nut suits him perfectly). Since then I have been back for the bikes first service, valve clearence check & MOT - I dealt mostly with Stuart who is also a proper good guy and the things he will do for a dark choccy hobnob! (makes me blush just thinking about it).

I was initially concerned with getting an expensive brand like BMW but I really needn't have worried as the Williams Manchester dealership is more than happy to help with any matter even when I phoned up about the ABS light being on - it turned out that I had deactivated it and only needed to hold the ABS button to reactivate it (what a plonker).

I am a very happy new member of the "GS wankers" family and at only 38 I have a long GS future ahead of me...

Ray

Welcome and that ABS light will keep it,s settings if you have that pesky Enduro plug connected, if you do not at the next start the ABS will go back to default setting ON, as with all the other settings, ask me how I know..........:blast

I do indeed have the pesky Enduro plug (I had no idea what it did) which is why the ABS stayed off - did you do the same thing I did and call Williams??

To give him a last name Dave Foster. I also bought a bike from Dave 3 weeks ago and echo the good work. But.................please don’t forget our SadJim who works in the parts dept and if called upon does some cracking deals.
Steve

Ray[/QUOTE]

Excuse me, we are “ Tossers” NOT Wankers. :jes:jes:jes

Welcome to the family Ray, enjoy your GS, I meet Dave a few years back when I stupidly thought of trading my 1150 in for a1200, thankfully Dave TALKED me out it it, my GS Is now 15 years young.

Last edited:
I agree Williams and Dave are great.
I traveled from the north east to buy my GS and would do it again. The dealers in the north east (Coopers) are not good

I’ve bought an RR from Deadly Dave ( it isn’t foster) and a GS , always had the decent service too

I bought my first bmw a1300s in 2009 and have always had brilliant service from them all

I bought a HP4 Carbon from Dave Foster at Williams in 2013, him and SadJim chucked in some bike goodies and offered me a KFC too. Top blokes, Dave reminded me of a David Walliams lookalike.

JimmyMac

How many Dave’s. I’ve bought a few bikes from Dave Barrowcliffe at Williams. Decent likeable bloke - bit heavy handed while showing me around the bikes though - you wouldn’t let him near the tools..

I do indeed have the pesky Enduro plug

It activates Enduro Pro mode as well. Which reduces the traction control to a minimum level, apparently ideal for powerslides and the like.
I personally prefer Enduro mode, the sorts of offroad trails I like to ride with EP make it a bit wild.

Personally I find the abs offroad to be very unobtrusive, so much so I don't deactivate it, where as I have on other bikes, but in Enduro and Ep, it doesn't apply abs to the back wheel.

Very happy with Williams over the period that I've dealt with them.

Just Taken my "new to me" GSA to Williams Manchester for interim service having read reviews on here. Went past another Motorrad dealership on way to them. Found Williams to be friendly & knowledgeable throughout. Serviced my bike within a couple of hours & sent me on my way a happy & new customer. Highly reccomended

i bought my bike at williams , colin sorted me out and have had a good deal from jim also , i had a very poor experience with chester who i would never go to again , so indeed its williams for me from now on

i bought my bike at williams , colin sorted me out and have had a good deal from jim also , i had a very poor experience with chester who i would never go to again , so indeed its williams for me from now on

The number of times i have heard that said, even said it myself and i'm only 25 mins. from them. Shame really.

Off to see Jim

I’ve not been over to Williams for awhile ... but Jim has a little something for me.

Tea and biccies this morning :thumb2

Promise I won’t look at bikes... promise I won’t .... really :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom