Llandovery

lewisjohn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Llandovery bike weekend this Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks for the heads up, will avoid that area ......I do not enjoy being surrounded by many bikers riding around well beyond their talent level

Thanks for the heads up, will avoid that area ......I do not enjoy being surrounded by many bikers riding around well beyond their talent level

Agreed, although the roads will probably all be quiet, as everyone will be standing around all day regaling tales of 150mph wheelies and telling the fuzz to fuck off on a regular basis.

The group I ride with make a point of avoiding all A roads, using B roads or unclassified whenever we can, there are some fantastic roads and even better views around Llandeilo and Llandovery that are virtually unused, and if they definitely wouldn’t interest the “fast boys”.

Me and a mate are off to overnight in Aberystwyth, we are meeting at Gloucester airport, he is coming from Burton and I am coming from Salisbury. Tomorrow, twisty route through Wales, overnighting in Blueth Wells, then home on Sunday. Certainly won't be racing though, he has a F800 and I have an RT, so leisurely pace for us :)

The group I ride with make a point of avoiding all A roads, using B roads or unclassified whenever we can, there are some fantastic roads and even better views around Llandeilo and Llandovery that are virtually unused, and if they definitely wouldn’t interest the “fast boys”.

Oh, they are fast! I've done those roads a few times with Dr Alf, and we rode faster on those than the main roads! Great fun. :beerjug:D

Oh, they are fast! I've done those roads a few times with Dr Alf, and we rode faster on those than the main roads! Great fun. :beerjug:D

When I say the “fast boys” I mean the John McGuinness wannabes that seem to congregate around the cafes in Llandovery. Can’t see a Panigale or Fireblade etc making it down some of these “roads”.

When I say the “fast boys” I mean the John McGuinness wannabes that seem to congregate around the cafes in Llandovery. Can’t see a Panigale or Fireblade etc making it down some of these “roads”.

That’s the problem, they ride at 150mph to get to the cafe, stand around all day bragging and talking bollocks, then ride 150mph home. Or into a tree.

The Londis Glanusk Cafe at Sennybridge is a better cafe. It's the one the local first response crews use which is always a good sign. Unmarked BMW 5 series cars with a janitorial crew of paramedic and two uniformed police.

Nice food in the cafe, good coffee. Cheaper than the Westend in Llandovery. Petrol & supermarket. Best of all, a constant flow of eye candy in uniform from the nearby army training camp.

Nice, quiet roads nearby if you get off the A40, although the A40 from there to Abergavenny is a cracking road if you get a clear run.

The Londis Glanusk Cafe at Sennybridge is a better cafe. It's the one the local first response crews use which is always a good sign. Unmarked BMW 5 series cars with a janitorial crew of paramedic and two uniformed police.

Nice food in the cafe, good coffee. Cheaper than the Westend in Llandovery. Petrol & supermarket. Best of all, a constant flow of eye candy in uniform from the nearby army training camp.

Nice, quiet roads nearby if you get off the A40, although the A40 from there to Abergavenny is a cracking road if you get a clear run.

Your definition of eye candy may be slightly different to most folk on here though! :D

That will be me then,

I frequent said cafes, yep some like to go quick, some like to wheelie,not sure about 150 though as no bike on earth will get through halfway woods or over the Bulahs that quick, tell you how much we sit around,lots,I did 12k in 6 months on my new GS,it never went out of Wales, theres a one owner Blade with 200k up it and thats one of 3 bikes hes owns, do us a favour and stay in Sennybridge or fuck of down the Owls nest with the rest of the anoraks boring cnuts.

Are you for real?

SSSSHHHH - Don't tell everyone else!

WRT eye candy, they tend to be a little "hefty"

Indeed it does.

May see you there sometime, I pass through most weeks from Blackwood en-route home to Carmarthen

Rare visits now I have moved east for a job. Used to live just outside Abergavenny so it was a favoured meeting point with a friend from Ystrad Mynach. Cotswolds on my doorstep so usually frightening the lycra clad mob there on weekends.

Back
Top Bottom