For those that like to hoon around France

Great, now we've got feckin' Daleks to watch out for.....:D

while yer driving be aware of these buggers - there are portable and could be just about anywhere

https://www.thenational.ae/uae/tran...prise-to-uae-traffic-law-enforcement-1.219362

Oh - watch out for pedestrians and vehicles while you are busy looking in the verges and gantrys
stay as safe as yer can

HTHY :thumby:

Seen these all over France now, the one in our village was burnt out - but not many and I’m pretty sure they are all forward facing, not that I’m suggesting one should abuse the speed limits - 80kph is hard though.

Attachments

• AF0293C3-DD7B-4057-877D-78D8D4536D2E.jpg
    AF0293C3-DD7B-4057-877D-78D8D4536D2E.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 517
Having been in France for the last week I can tell that dickhead president of theirs the 50mph limit change will do nothing for accident stats.

Perhaps if he focussed on those who drive vans as if they are in a Grand Prix all the time it would be a start, maybe make it an offence to corner a commercial vehicle on anything other than all of the wheels it has.

Then another for driving on the wrong side of the road, a common theme especially on Alpine Roads where most drivers spend the majority of their time at least a little over the white line, and often pull out wide before a bend almost hitting us head on as we exit a corner, or they drift wide as they exit and try to take us out on our approach.

We have also had a couple veering onto our side of the road, one almost hitting the Mrs head on before swerving back with inches to spare - I am guessing using a phone at the time.

The worst are those that just overtake on corners, I assume they believe they have some mystical gift of knowing what is around the corner - not sure why as they seem to have regular near misses with us coming the other way.

Just like in Blighty the authorities have found a way to make a load of money and claim it is in the name of safety, whilst allowing the shittiest and most dangerous driving to go on unchallenged.

Or put another way, ruin things for 99% of folk, whilst making little impact on the 1% causing the majority of problems.

Seen these all over France now, the one in our village was burnt out - but not many and I’m pretty sure they are all forward facing, not that I’m suggesting one should abuse the speed limits - 80kph is hard though.

They take from the rear, not certain whether or not they take from the front too

There are one or two near me, they move them every couple of months to keep you guessing

And yes the 80kmh thing is a total ball ache money grabbing bastard thing

And yes the 80kmh thing is a total ball ache money grabbing bastard thing

Yup. I have noticed a lot more "bunching" in the last week.
Makes it impossible to pass the gaggle in front of you as their spacing is shit!
in the car, that is...

Having been in France for the last week I can tell that dickhead president of theirs the 50mph limit change will do nothing for accident stats.

Perhaps if he focussed on those who drive vans as if they are in a Grand Prix all the time it would be a start, maybe make it an offence to corner a commercial vehicle on anything other than all of the wheels it has.

Then another for driving on the wrong side of the road, a common theme especially on Alpine Roads where most drivers spend the majority of their time at least a little over the white line, and often pull out wide before a bend almost hitting us head on as we exit a corner, or they drift wide as they exit and try to take us out on our approach.

We have also had a couple veering onto our side of the road, one almost hitting the Mrs head on before swerving back with inches to spare - I am guessing using a phone at the time.

The worst are those that just overtake on corners, I assume they believe they have some mystical gift of knowing what is around the corner - not sure why as they seem to have regular near misses with us coming the other way.

Just like in Blighty the authorities have found a way to make a load of money and claim it is in the name of safety, whilst allowing the shittiest and most dangerous driving to go on unchallenged.

Or put another way, ruin things for 99% of folk, whilst making little impact on the 1% causing the majority of problems.

I don’t suppose it’ll have much impact on the accident stats. Mr. Macron has managed to distance himself from the scheme although obviously has to be seen to support the minister of transport. Macron has said that it will be reviewed in 2 years.

French drivers tend to go to extremes - the law abiding now drive at 65/70 kmh and the sales reps in their Audis still drive like twats and continue to go on the points recovery stages regularly. My daughter went on one recently and of the 30 people on the stage she was the only first timer.

Followed an unmarked brown metallic Peugeot 208 today with 2 uniformed plod in it and a radar mounted on the dash

Registered in a different department (33)

They’re out collecting taxes chaps so stay frosty :cool:

Back
Top Bottom