converting 100rt

tezz

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
hi ive just got an rt 100 as a bit of a project ,the bike rides very well and sounds pretty quiet for an old bike .the only major thing to finish is the paint work and new exhausts .the fairing is white so looks like an old cop bike but im thinking of taking the fairing of and converting it to a naked or possibly with a small cockpit fairing . anyone done this ,or to much hassle finding parts ,any advice welcome tnx terry:nenau

My G/S came with a small Givi A210 screen which looked OK and worked surprisingly well. 'bins or 'works have / had them.
Foot shields are around too, which I fit to the crash bars, are unobtrusive an keep the spray off your boots if you do long runs in the rain.
On my R75/7 I have good quality replica Dunstall Decibell silencers which fitted straight on without even a dent to get over the brake pedal, and work well, and sound and look good . Look similar to some OEM types and cheap enough at around 100 quid the pair.

The Give screen deflects the wind onto your hands of course, a set of black GS style guards can be made to fit and do a decent job of protecting your digits, although I must be going soft as I have just bought myself a set of Venture battery powered heated grips for my birthday.
Not inexpensive, but cheaper than five sets of heated grips for all my bikes and also work OK when I take my little mate for a walk.
I like flattish, wide bars too , nothing too extreme but just seem to improve the look/ stance.
If you are doing a complete repaint you might be able to shorten the mudguards a little - it is amazing how much difference it makes to the looks and is otherwise unnoticeable.
Getting the back a little higher is a subtle way of improving the looks too - I have a pair of fully adjustable TEC shocks which work better than the well worn Konis they replaced, and , set a bit higher, improve the look and the turn in / feel at the front too.
Surprisingly inexpensive, less than rebuilding the Konis.
For me the skill comes in improving looks and function but doing so in a way that people have to ask you what is different and what you have changed.
Plenty of of advice elsewhere about building bastardized frankenbikes which for me do neither.

Back
Top Bottom