Budget rally

stormdot5

Reaction score
I'm trying to find out whether there are any budget rallies for motorcyclists.

Specifically in the vein of the Mongol rally or rust2rome. The spirit of these trips is to buy a very cheap, perhaps mildly unsuitable vehicle and go for a tour somewhere, like across europe, with a bunch of like minded and equipped adventurers. Does anyone know if there are any events like this?

Often motorcycle trips are taken on rather well built up machines with a lot of inherent value built up into them. I'm definitely guilt of far too much fettling myself. I'm looking for something more along the lines of people who go to places like Vietnam, buy a local bike and just head on out to explore. I know they often get attached to their vehicle by the end of the trip anyway.

Is this kind of thing even possible from the UK?

If anyone knows or has taken part in something like this I'd like to know about it

Back in the 80s I had a girlfriend who did the entire coast of UK mainland (not the islands, although she did detour to some of the bigger Hebridean ones for sightseeing) on a CB100. Packed her trunk and off she went, having said goodbye to the circus of life! She had saved to pay for it and camped mostly, then stayed in hostels to get a good kip and proper shower maybe once a week.

Back
Top Bottom